“Flying Qatar for the first time”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 14 March 2022

It was the first time I travelled on Qatar Airways and I was very impressed. The quality of aircraft, pilots, cabin crew, seats, food and service on Club to Doha and Economy to Edinburgh was excellent. The transfer in Doha was easy, straight forward and efficient. I will be using Qatar Airways going forward and will definitely be recommending them to others.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 601brynl

Reviewed 14 March 2022

We stood in line for a little over 2 hours to get checked in. Just to find out that our COVID test were not approved for us to travel to Dubai. Someone could have been in the line and letting everyone know that, they require a QR COVID test. Which their website said you could be fully vaccinated or have a pcr COVID test 48 hours prior to departure. We actually had ample amount of time to get a COVID test to meet the country’s specifications. Their airline procedure and country procedures do not align. They literally had one guy manually checking in people one by one. The process is dated and the management is horrible as well. This company does not value the customer.

1  Thank rptooreal
Reviewed 13 March 2022

Zurich ground staff made an error, approved our PCR test document, and let us fly to Doha, while Doha staff classified our document not valid and kick us back to origin.

We would have plenty of time to make it right if Zurich ground staff not let us on, deal with it in office hour, or rebook the flight to another day.

While at Doha is at midnight and no PCR testing service in Doha airport, which is ridiculous.

Zurich ground service didn't admit their error, refuse to communicate.
They don't need to because Qatar HQ has no complaint channel at all.

Qatar website has no response, no one responded to our complaint.
Even no one confirms they have read our complaint.

They make errors, all costs are on customers. We lost our air ticket, destination quarantine hotel. in total USD3000.

Date of travel: February 2022
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Coco_Coco_484628
Reviewed 12 March 2022

This was mine and my husbands first time travelling via Qatar airways and it will probably be the last!
Our flight from the UK was delayed by 2 hours which caused us to miss our transit flight in Doha.
Qatar rearranged our flight for 6 hours later, issuing us nothing but a meal ticket which didn't even cover the cost of one meal at the food court. Our transit flight was also delayed and when we finally arrived at our destination airport, THEY DIDNT EVEN PUT OUR BAGGAGE ON THE PLANE! This shocked me as not only did they reassure us at Doha that our luggage will be there when we arrive, but they had 6 hours to sort the luggage out at Doha.
When we arrived at baggage claim, the people on the desk had no sympathy and informed us that we would have to come back to the airport and collect the luggage ourselves despite Qatar Airways website saying otherwise in these events. What was meant to be a 12 hour journey turned into a 24 hour journey and we couldnt even refresh ourselves when arrived to our hotel. This entire ordeal has wasted an entire day of our holiday.
I tried to call every Qatar Airway number I could find, and chat with them online but they either didn't respond or told us its not their area so they couldn't help us. I wouldnt strongly advice anyone whos considering to travel via Qatar to think otherwise. Emirates may be slightly more expensive but every penny is worth it as in these situations I would have already received my luggage with them as was the case when my husbands luggage was missing with them.
This review was written from the hotel room 11 hours after the flight had landed and I'm still no where near to finding my luggage.

2  Thank 617fs
Reviewed 12 March 2022

waiting on the plane at the airpor at Cebu for more than 3 hrs . No information from the pilot, who didn't speak very well English

After arrival, at, Doha:l Dpt. of connection flight already deleted at the screen (ZRH QR 93).

80% of the information desks on both floor have been closed

Nobody waiting at the gate for economy passengers, only businessclass, for the fastest way to the Dpt gate With good luck I found it finally without any support just before closing.

Arrival at Zurich. Suitcases for pax from Cebu didn't arrive

I think Qatar (Airways) have still a long way to go to welcome the world soon for the FIFA Worldchampionship!

2  Thank walter t
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.