“One queue after another, delays, no communication, terrible airline”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 29 February 2024

There was an aircraft problem, this happens and I don't hold that against them. But they could not have handled it worse, for hours now I have been moved from one queue to another. A queue to leave the aeroplane, then a queue for security (despite us all having obviously passed through security already) to them queue at the same gate for a meal ticket (they could just hand them out while we sit, but no, must be a slow queue) to another queue for awful food. And who knows which queues will come next. Same queue and same gate for same aircraft now many many hours later, and no explanation at any point or idea of whether there will be a flight today or ever. A nightmare airline.

3  Thank KazzBasma

Reviewed 29 February 2024

Sadly as I read through the reviews, my review seems to be similar. I booked a QATAR operated flight through Virgin. Once I booked my flight I wanted to ensure I had my preferred seating which I booked through QATAR direct. (big mistake). I then received notification that my flight schedule had been amended. Because of this amendment I could choose to accept or cancel. I chose to cancel. Virgin fully refunded me the whole value of the ticket without any issues because it was a QATAR change of schedule. I then went to QATAR to cancel my preferred seating. They said to me that I would not be entitled to a refund because the schedule change was under 2 hours and I should refer to my terms and conditions. On clicking on the terms and conditions on my booking there was no mention of the change had to be over 2 hours in fact it had not times mentioned. I asked the customer service to point me to the document that says this. Bola the customer service agent could not. I then asked for a supervisor. Kezhia the supervisor could also not point me to the document on my booking that states this time despite me showing her the terms and conditions that show I should be entitled to a refund. Basically, it seems they just make it up when they don't want to refund your money. So were does this lead me. ACA do not cover airlines out of Australia and they have told me to contact the government in QATAR. What a joke! QATAR still have my money and I will not be using them when I make my flight at another time. This is a shame as I have flown with QATAR before and have found them to be quite good but now I guess I will need to go to other airlines who are more understanding and who follow their terms and conditions. Will I recommend them no - I will go to Singapore and Emirates who have always looked after their customers.

1  Thank Macsonthebeach
Reviewed 29 February 2024

Qatar is a terrible airline! They will scam you out of money at every corner. Their customer service is a joke. They convinced me that I needed to pay $1500 to add my middle name to my flight, or they wouldn't allow me on the plane. When I got to the airport, they didn't even put my middle name on the ticket and I didn't have any issues. I also paid $2300 to upgrade our seats to business class from doha to Montreal. Not even an hour into the flight, the seat reclined on its own, pinching my leg. The seat wouldn't stay up the rest of the 13 hour flight.

1  Thank Brian E
Reviewed 29 February 2024

It is a comfortable airline. The food is quite good, especially in comparism to other airlines and an extensive entertainment programm (films, games) let the time fly by. The service on bord was friendly.

Date of travel: March 2023

Departure Date: 21 January 2024
Flight Number: QR012
Departure Airport: London Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 4
Destination Airport: Doha (DOH)
Cabin Class: QSuite (Business Class)
Seat Number: 3A

Watch the full video on YouTube at Love Flying And Hotels!

My journey started at LHR T4 in the amazing Qatar Airways Business Class lounge. This is probably the best business class lounge I have visited! It was not too busy and the lounge had a great offering from showers, drinks, a-la-carte dining as well as other dining options, wireless and wired charging for devices and, friendly and helpful staff! I don’t normally eat in the lounge too much but they seemed to have some good options and the staff were so welcoming that I couldn’t resist!

When it was time to board the aircraft, I arrived as the first passenger to board. Elina was at the door and helped me to my seat. She asked one of the crew to go through the seat features, safety and so on with me. Once seated, I received a cold towel, pyjamas and a welcome drink. I opted for their signature mint and lemon drink which was delicious.

As it was a night flight, the lights were dimmed for take-off and replaced with some beautiful mood-lighting! The aircraft has 2 external cameras giving you a better overall viewing experience.

The aircraft is WIFI enabled! Qatar Airways own loyalty programme is called The Privilege Club and just by joining this programme gives you 1 hour of free WIFI on-board! Alternatively, you can pre-purchase a pass for $8 prior to the flight or a pass on board for just $10! This is cheap!

There are 3 lavatories serving the 46 QSuites, so about 1 lavatory for every 15 QSuites. The lavatories are stocked with lotion, dental and shaving kits! They were always kept clean!

The IFE (Inflight Entertainment) screen measures in at 21.5 inches from its top left corner to its bottom right corner. The screen is crisp and clear as well as responsive! However, you can also pair your own device or use the hand held controller.

The safety video mentions that there are over 4,000 entertainment options available! Whilst I didn’t count them, I did notice that there were a decent number of movies and TV programmes to choose from. Disappointingly, there were no live streaming channels available but what I did like was that there were many episodes for each TV programme selected!

The headphones were comfortable and over-the-ear headphones. I prefer these as the buds always fall out! The quality was good and being noise-cancelling, they did a pretty good job in cancelling out the aircraft noise!

Qatar offers their Business and First Class passengers flexi-dining or as some call it, dine-on-demand. This means, you can choose the time you wish to eat! This is handy if you have just eaten a huge meal in the lounge! JK. But it is very useful as eating at certain times can help your body become used to the new daily meal pattern at your final destination (if there is a significant time difference) and this helps with limiting your jetlag!

The meal was excellent and I accompanies this with Laurent Perrier Rose Champagne! A premium champagne compared with their rival serving Moet or similar!

Qatar offers amenity boxes rather than amenity bags for flights flying into Doha. The box contains products by Distyque. The contents include, facial cream, body lotion, lip balm, fragrance, eye shades, ear plugs and socks!

On this flight they had also provided a protection kit containing hand sanitiser, gloves and face mask.

I found the bedding to be comfortable and I enjoyed a good rest.

The service overall was good but the cabin crew named Elina who originally greeted me on-board was also always checking up on me. Her attention to detail was immaculate and was so friendly and provided a superior level of service then most airline crew! As such, she helped lift the overall score for the overall service! I should add, I have always had excellent service on Qatar Airways business class flights!

If you haven’t tried QSuites, you really need to! You are really missing out! However, I must add, booking a QSuite over a standard business class seat will incur a small premium. The airline also reserves the right to change aircraft which may result in your seat being changed from a QSuite to a standard business class seat and the airline does not have to compensate you for this change. But what is positive is that Qatar are retro-fitting more of their aircrafts with QSuites and expanding the QSuite route.

YouTube: Love Flying and Hotels

Date of travel: January 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.