“DELAYS, NO COMMUNICATION, NO CARE from staff, VERY UNORGANISED. AVOID AVOID AVOID”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 29 February 2024

Our flight QR16 from London to Kathmandu was cancelled on 28th Feb, 2024 due to some technical problems, which is annoying but understandable. HOWEVER, the issue was with their communication, organisation and lack of support for customers.

We were transferred to a hotel from the Heathrow airport after our 21:30 flight cancellation but by the time we got our room it was already 3AM due to long queues, still with no knowledge of our next flight to DOHA. In the morning, around 6:43AM the hotel receptionist gave us a wakeup saying our airport shuttle bus will be leaving at 7AM for our 11AM flight. We were all rushing and so confused at this point as we were informed very last minute about our shuttle bus schedule and the flight time.

The worst is when we checked-in at the airport and got to know they had booked us a flight with a 13 HOUR TRANSIT in DOHA when originally we had opted for 2hrs 15mins transit in DOHA to save time. They had promised us with a hotel room in DOHA due to long transit time but when we got here for our 13hr transit, after queuing in one help desk to another for 3 HOURS, they simply said the hotel rooms are fully booked so they will not be providing us any accommodation or move us to an earlier flight. When we asked “so, you’re saying we’d have to sleep on the chairs for 13hrs?”, the help desk lady at C2 Qatar help desk said “yes” and just gave us meal vouchers with no care or sympathy for our situation even though it is Qatar airways fault that we ended up like this. What a NIGHTMARE. There’s NO POINT in being their PRIVILEGE club member cause they do not care about you as their loyal customer they just want your money. Because of this ridiculousness we’ll not only be losing 3 DAYS of our holiday just in travel and transit but also our non-refundable hotel stays and non-refundable domestic flight from KTM to PKR. We’re not just facing monetary loss but also time loss. It’s been an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE since Wednesday, 28/02/24 until today Friday, 01/03/2024. But I know it won’t end here cause we will have to go through customer service for compensation.

NEVER BOOKING WITH QATAR AIRWAYS AGAIN! Please avoid at all cost or else you will be faced with this nightmare when you face any delays in this airline.

2  Thank Evaranaa

Reviewed 29 February 2024

There was an aircraft problem, this happens and I don't hold that against them. But they could not have handled it worse, for hours now I have been moved from one queue to another. A queue to leave the aeroplane, then a queue for security (despite us all having obviously passed through security already) to them queue at the same gate for a meal ticket (they could just hand them out while we sit, but no, must be a slow queue) to another queue for awful food. And who knows which queues will come next. Same queue and same gate for same aircraft now many many hours later, and no explanation at any point or idea of whether there will be a flight today or ever. A nightmare airline.

3  Thank KazzBasma
Reviewed 29 February 2024

Sadly as I read through the reviews, my review seems to be similar. I booked a QATAR operated flight through Virgin. Once I booked my flight I wanted to ensure I had my preferred seating which I booked through QATAR direct. (big mistake). I then received notification that my flight schedule had been amended. Because of this amendment I could choose to accept or cancel. I chose to cancel. Virgin fully refunded me the whole value of the ticket without any issues because it was a QATAR change of schedule. I then went to QATAR to cancel my preferred seating. They said to me that I would not be entitled to a refund because the schedule change was under 2 hours and I should refer to my terms and conditions. On clicking on the terms and conditions on my booking there was no mention of the change had to be over 2 hours in fact it had not times mentioned. I asked the customer service to point me to the document that says this. Bola the customer service agent could not. I then asked for a supervisor. Kezhia the supervisor could also not point me to the document on my booking that states this time despite me showing her the terms and conditions that show I should be entitled to a refund. Basically, it seems they just make it up when they don't want to refund your money. So were does this lead me. ACA do not cover airlines out of Australia and they have told me to contact the government in QATAR. What a joke! QATAR still have my money and I will not be using them when I make my flight at another time. This is a shame as I have flown with QATAR before and have found them to be quite good but now I guess I will need to go to other airlines who are more understanding and who follow their terms and conditions. Will I recommend them no - I will go to Singapore and Emirates who have always looked after their customers.

1  Thank Macsonthebeach
Reviewed 29 February 2024

Qatar is a terrible airline! They will scam you out of money at every corner. Their customer service is a joke. They convinced me that I needed to pay $1500 to add my middle name to my flight, or they wouldn't allow me on the plane. When I got to the airport, they didn't even put my middle name on the ticket and I didn't have any issues. I also paid $2300 to upgrade our seats to business class from doha to Montreal. Not even an hour into the flight, the seat reclined on its own, pinching my leg. The seat wouldn't stay up the rest of the 13 hour flight.

1  Thank Brian E
Reviewed 29 February 2024

It is a comfortable airline. The food is quite good, especially in comparism to other airlines and an extensive entertainment programm (films, games) let the time fly by. The service on bord was friendly.

Date of travel: March 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.