“If booking with Qatar, check your booking regularly”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 2 March 2024

Booked a holiday to Australia (Adelaide & Sydney) in July 2023 to see family and friends for Feb 2024. Have recently returned and felt I do need to leave a review.

When we booked last year we paid an extra £600+ for extra legroom and specific seats on the longer flights from Doha - Adel and back again, everything seemed alright and was excited for the trip. IN early Sept I got an alert the flight details had changed so I logged in (and also checked it via the app) and all that had changed was the departure time, then every month I was logging in and checking just to be sure all was ok. Now its middle of January 2024 and I am waiting for my bus home so I decide to check it and luckily I did, not only were our seats changed but my partner and I were on opposite ends of the plane for all the flights!?
Took awhile but used website to fix this as first 1 person said "yeah that can happen sorry, its due to reasons" then another staff member gave me some sort of clarity of why "its cause the flight details changed in Sept" - now my issue was no alert about the seat changes and given we paid extra for specific seats with extra leg room annoyed me. The 2nd person who was much more helpful than the 1st, managed to move our seats back to what we booked in July 2023 except for the Adel - Doha flight as "someone else has booked those seats" now this very much annoyed me cause yes someone did... WE DID IN JULY but they wouldn't move those people to correct our booking. When we got to Manchester airport to check bags and stuff got boarding passes and OH look.. seats changed again!! By this point we just left it as at least we were seated together, but to find out its been changed again and at bag drop off on the day.. that's honestly not what you expect from an "award winning airline".

Now I am a very nervous flyer and honestly, the customer service from the staff on the flight was amazing when I told them I am very nervous and anxious flyer, which honestly is the only reason the review is 3 star. The food was quite nice and staff were helpful.

Now for the return trip, and hears the kicker.. they said those seat numbers aren't on that plane for Adel - Doha which is why we were moved and then had to accept middle row extra leg room if we wanted to keep that type of seating, guess what seat numbers were on our plane!? yep, the ones we booked ages ago so so that instantly put me in a bad mood for the return flight.

Overall review of Qatar - Staff were friendly and polite and 1 staff member went above and beyond to check on me thru some turbulence on the return flight to Doha which was amazing but the stress and frustration from the booking system and seats being changed twice and being lied to about it really left its damage. Next time will probably be booking Emirates as they will be going to Adelaide from Dubai later this year again or just Qantas (Heathrow to Perth) and then go from there.

Reviewed 1 March 2024

I always loved travelling with Qatar, till they added third party airlines and have screwed their baggage policy. I paid $100 for baggage from BOS-TRV and had to pay $255 for the same bag from TRV-BOS, how does that even make sense.
The CS team was of no help, I even asked them to show where it says $255. Its ridiculous. I would've bought a premium ticket itself instead of wasting money on these baggage policies.

Reviewed 1 March 2024

The worse airline ever, they broke my luggage and stole my husband watch from carry on.
They missed my luggages and when they delivered them, they were dirty and broken.

I tried to escalate my concerns, however, they could not care less.

I would not remember it at all.

Shame on them, charge a lot, steal things and no responsibility.....

Date of travel: August 2023
Reviewed 1 March 2024

I experienced the worst service from Qatar From SLC to Hyderabad. Flight QR 726 got delayed on FEB 20th 2024 and we missed connecting flights to Hyderabad, Kolkatta, and Chennai. After reaching Qatar Airport more than 40+ passengers were asked to sit in a place so Qatar staff could book the tickets to the next available flight, They took our boarding pass and passports. Everyone waited for 5 hours and there was no response from the staff. Whenever we ask for the updates they say that you need to wait for 15 more minutes. We waited for more than 5 and got passports but not boarding passes, after 5:30 minutes we got the boarding passes. Didn't expect this kind of service from Qatar. Also, I did not get my check-in and cabin bags in Hyderabad. Waiting for the last two days and no baggage delivered and Qatar tracking is not showing where my luggage is.

Reviewed 1 March 2024

The staff of Qatar Airways at Dublin Airport was very bad arrogant. All of my gamily members for the past couple of months have experienced the low quality customer service and rude behaviour by the staff.

We will never fly with Qatar Airways due to its continuous decline in customer service and rude behaviour by the staff.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Juhan K
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.