“Never travel with Qatar”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 2 March 2024

- Denied boarding at connected flight due to luggage issues
- Lengthy queues at Heathrow & Tokyo despite arriving 3 hours early
- No seat choice, change aircraft at last min and poor customer service

If you're looking for a poor experience and spoil your trip, choose Qatar Airways!

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 2 March 2024

My first experience with Qatar airways will surly be my last. I chose them because they have the best connection time not knowing how terrible the rest of my travel experience will be. First of all they INSIST on letting passengers board the flight by zone which they scream over and over and over and over during your wait.. every employee is shouting zone one from a different angle and going to each person to check their boarding pass as no one has a clue!! But that is not as bad as their check in!!! So i checked in online and tried to buy the extra luggage i had with no luck with neither the app nor the website! So i arrived to the airport with my digital boarding only to find a long queue to check in AGAIN with a machine.. and then another long line to drop your luggage!!!!!!! With more employees shouting to call the passengers on the plane before you as they jammed 3 flights within 3 hours. 2:15-2:55 & 4!!! So no matter how long you have been waiting in line.. suddenly a whole new line form in front of you to catch the earlier flight!!!! Terrible!!!!

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 2 March 2024

Booked a holiday to Australia (Adelaide & Sydney) in July 2023 to see family and friends for Feb 2024. Have recently returned and felt I do need to leave a review.

When we booked last year we paid an extra £600+ for extra legroom and specific seats on the longer flights from Doha - Adel and back again, everything seemed alright and was excited for the trip. IN early Sept I got an alert the flight details had changed so I logged in (and also checked it via the app) and all that had changed was the departure time, then every month I was logging in and checking just to be sure all was ok. Now its middle of January 2024 and I am waiting for my bus home so I decide to check it and luckily I did, not only were our seats changed but my partner and I were on opposite ends of the plane for all the flights!?
Took awhile but used website to fix this as first 1 person said "yeah that can happen sorry, its due to reasons" then another staff member gave me some sort of clarity of why "its cause the flight details changed in Sept" - now my issue was no alert about the seat changes and given we paid extra for specific seats with extra leg room annoyed me. The 2nd person who was much more helpful than the 1st, managed to move our seats back to what we booked in July 2023 except for the Adel - Doha flight as "someone else has booked those seats" now this very much annoyed me cause yes someone did... WE DID IN JULY but they wouldn't move those people to correct our booking. When we got to Manchester airport to check bags and stuff got boarding passes and OH look.. seats changed again!! By this point we just left it as at least we were seated together, but to find out its been changed again and at bag drop off on the day.. that's honestly not what you expect from an "award winning airline".

Now I am a very nervous flyer and honestly, the customer service from the staff on the flight was amazing when I told them I am very nervous and anxious flyer, which honestly is the only reason the review is 3 star. The food was quite nice and staff were helpful.

Now for the return trip, and hears the kicker.. they said those seat numbers aren't on that plane for Adel - Doha which is why we were moved and then had to accept middle row extra leg room if we wanted to keep that type of seating, guess what seat numbers were on our plane!? yep, the ones we booked ages ago so so that instantly put me in a bad mood for the return flight.

Overall review of Qatar - Staff were friendly and polite and 1 staff member went above and beyond to check on me thru some turbulence on the return flight to Doha which was amazing but the stress and frustration from the booking system and seats being changed twice and being lied to about it really left its damage. Next time will probably be booking Emirates as they will be going to Adelaide from Dubai later this year again or just Qantas (Heathrow to Perth) and then go from there.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 1 March 2024

I always loved travelling with Qatar, till they added third party airlines and have screwed their baggage policy. I paid $100 for baggage from BOS-TRV and had to pay $255 for the same bag from TRV-BOS, how does that even make sense.
The CS team was of no help, I even asked them to show where it says $255. Its ridiculous. I would've bought a premium ticket itself instead of wasting money on these baggage policies.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 1 March 2024

The worse airline ever, they broke my luggage and stole my husband watch from carry on.
They missed my luggages and when they delivered them, they were dirty and broken.

I tried to escalate my concerns, however, they could not care less.

I would not remember it at all.

Shame on them, charge a lot, steal things and no responsibility.....

Date of travel: August 2023
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.