“Terrible experience”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 2 March 2024

I'm really let down. The seats were too cramped, and the aircraft had serious faults that made the landing dangerously rough.

Date of travel: February 2024

Reviewed 2 March 2024

I traveled to India with a granted tourist visa. Once I arrived in India, I was profiled by the immigration immediately without any questions, the officer took my passport, and left his desk. He came back later to bring me to a place to sit and wait. They plugged a device in my phone and it pulled all the messages out of my phone with the key words "Jesus", "God", and "Christ". Then the immigration officer interrogated me and told me I was there under false pretenses and should not be under a tourist visa and that it should have been a missionary visa. I told him I was only there to visit. I even had a word document with my itinerary and all the places I was going to visit. He told me that I wasn't being specific and asked where I was staying. I gave him my hotel information and confirmation of stay. They had me waiting for two hours, and someone came and it felt very intimidating as he was interrogating me and trying to twist my words and such. They did everything they could to profile me as a missionary, and refused me entry. I explained to them that these messages were to my christian friends, and my small group at church. I told them I own a business and work 6 days a week. I have a website, store front, and employees to contact to prove this. They then asked me if I was coming to donate to an orphanage. I told them no. He came back later and said I was lying. They didn't believe me, and deported me. I had asked them on several occasions the reason, and they told me it was "Undisclosed" or they didn't know. Then they had a qatar airlines representative hold me against my consent for 24 hours until the next flight out of there. They had me change my tickets from March 9th to March 1st. All along the way, they were asking me why I was refused entry as the paperwork said undisclosed. This airline did nothing to help me and completely abandoned me. They would not assist me in contacting someone to represent me like a representative from the embassy or an immigration attorney. I had asked several times as I was already granted a visa in which you have to apply before leaving the country, and were not allowed to hole me as I had done nothing wrong. They didn't give me any way of defending myself against these accusations and went along with things. I recommend that no one ever uses this airline, and that India is not friendly place for americans who are christian or Muslim. I had talked to a few people sitting there and it appears as though they want this to be fully a Hindi nation and are not friendly to outsiders. I felt this personally. I was told to sit down in a chair for 10 hours without any reason. As I was sitting there, I had the opportunity to see them do this same thing to others. It was only the americans that were traveling alone. Buyer Beware! I will never use this airline again. I asked for documentation, and they said it would be given to me when I arrived back in the united state. When I finally arrived, I was given nothing but my passport and boarding passes. The passport doesn't even have a stamp for refusal or anything! It's blank, like I was never there. I believe this airline works with immigration. Stay away from this airline, and INDIA. It is corrupt!

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank bruce w
Reviewed 2 March 2024

Best Airline. The only Airline I will use. Very kind and friendly staff. Good Service. Great food. Planes are clean. Doha is easy to transit through. Lots of destinations to go to. Great frequent flyer program which our family use to pool our points together. Even got an upgrade Christmas time for free for whole family of 4 from Doha to Sri Lanka which was fantastic as after a day of already travelling we were tired and this was such a bonus and probably due to the Silver Status on the family account - very welcomed and so appreaciative of this. You don't get many things for free these days so was a real surprise - lay flat beds - brilliant. Thank you Qatar Airways!

Reviewed 2 March 2024

- Denied boarding at connected flight due to luggage issues
- Lengthy queues at Heathrow & Tokyo despite arriving 3 hours early
- No seat choice, change aircraft at last min and poor customer service

If you're looking for a poor experience and spoil your trip, choose Qatar Airways!

Reviewed 2 March 2024

My first experience with Qatar airways will surly be my last. I chose them because they have the best connection time not knowing how terrible the rest of my travel experience will be. First of all they INSIST on letting passengers board the flight by zone which they scream over and over and over and over during your wait.. every employee is shouting zone one from a different angle and going to each person to check their boarding pass as no one has a clue!! But that is not as bad as their check in!!! So i checked in online and tried to buy the extra luggage i had with no luck with neither the app nor the website! So i arrived to the airport with my digital boarding only to find a long queue to check in AGAIN with a machine.. and then another long line to drop your luggage!!!!!!! With more employees shouting to call the passengers on the plane before you as they jammed 3 flights within 3 hours. 2:15-2:55 & 4!!! So no matter how long you have been waiting in line.. suddenly a whole new line form in front of you to catch the earlier flight!!!! Terrible!!!!

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.