“They playing game”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 3 March 2024

We missed the connecting flight. When we arrived at qatar airport for the transfer flight, our flight to jakarta had already departed from the airport because the initial flight to istanbul (sabiha) did not take off on time. For this reason, we had to wait at the airport for 8 hours until the next flight to jakarta and we were not offered anything that would satisfy us in any way.We were only given a meal voucher, which was only enough to eat, we could not even buy a drink. i would not even guess that qatar airlines would be so uncaring. Because we missed the connection flight due to the flight of qatar airlines that did not depart on time, we also missed the domestic flight from jakarta and we had to take another domestic flight. We waited for 8 hours at qatar airport + we were not given enough food vouchers + we missed our domestic flights from jakarta. as qatar airlines, qatar airways have to cover the costs of the domestic flight from jakarta that we missed and the costs of the new flight that we had to take. If the necessary actions are not taken, I will follow this process to the end. I am sending you the tickets of my Qatar Airways ticket - Istanbul (Sabiha) Doha - Jakarta and the tickets of the 2 flights we missed and bought a new one together with the invoices, I hope that the necessary procedures will start as soon as possible.

Note: 2 week later they answered and they said sent us receipt which flight you miss because of us.I sent them but 3 week they not reply , i sent email to them again and they again said sent us receipt,i already sent! After i sent again they didn't answer 2 week.after 2 week i sent them mail again and again they said sent us receipt! They playing game ! And again 2 week later they sent mail to me and they saying they cant help me and case is closed! They waste my time , they playing with me ! Never think Qatar airways big company, they are never care nothing.I never fly again with them

Date of travel: January 2024
2  Thank Paradise60125456295

Reviewed 2 March 2024

Poor service on my flight, firstly I paid £135 above the normal fare to purchase comfort window seats on the 777 300 dreamliner. They changed the plane so no comfort seats were available. I was given 10k window seat, but the seat was broken and kept reclining if I moved, they brought an engineer before take off to fix the seat, the repair lasted about 5 mins after we were airborne, not a big deal or so I thought. I settled in the recline position to watch a movie only to find out my tv screen was broken. I asked the stewardess could I move seats, but was informed the flight was full, so no seats were available unless I could pay to upgrade to business class. So I sat for 7 hours in a broken seat with no TV. And to top if off everytime food was served or the seatbelt light came on, the stewardess would ask me to put my seat upright, even though they knew I wouldn't stay up.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 2 March 2024

I'm really let down. The seats were too cramped, and the aircraft had serious faults that made the landing dangerously rough.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 2 March 2024

I traveled to India with a granted tourist visa. Once I arrived in India, I was profiled by the immigration immediately without any questions, the officer took my passport, and left his desk. He came back later to bring me to a place to sit and wait. They plugged a device in my phone and it pulled all the messages out of my phone with the key words "Jesus", "God", and "Christ". Then the immigration officer interrogated me and told me I was there under false pretenses and should not be under a tourist visa and that it should have been a missionary visa. I told him I was only there to visit. I even had a word document with my itinerary and all the places I was going to visit. He told me that I wasn't being specific and asked where I was staying. I gave him my hotel information and confirmation of stay. They had me waiting for two hours, and someone came and it felt very intimidating as he was interrogating me and trying to twist my words and such. They did everything they could to profile me as a missionary, and refused me entry. I explained to them that these messages were to my christian friends, and my small group at church. I told them I own a business and work 6 days a week. I have a website, store front, and employees to contact to prove this. They then asked me if I was coming to donate to an orphanage. I told them no. He came back later and said I was lying. They didn't believe me, and deported me. I had asked them on several occasions the reason, and they told me it was "Undisclosed" or they didn't know. Then they had a qatar airlines representative hold me against my consent for 24 hours until the next flight out of there. They had me change my tickets from March 9th to March 1st. All along the way, they were asking me why I was refused entry as the paperwork said undisclosed. This airline did nothing to help me and completely abandoned me. They would not assist me in contacting someone to represent me like a representative from the embassy or an immigration attorney. I had asked several times as I was already granted a visa in which you have to apply before leaving the country, and were not allowed to hole me as I had done nothing wrong. They didn't give me any way of defending myself against these accusations and went along with things. I recommend that no one ever uses this airline, and that India is not friendly place for americans who are christian or Muslim. I had talked to a few people sitting there and it appears as though they want this to be fully a Hindi nation and are not friendly to outsiders. I felt this personally. I was told to sit down in a chair for 10 hours without any reason. As I was sitting there, I had the opportunity to see them do this same thing to others. It was only the americans that were traveling alone. Buyer Beware! I will never use this airline again. I asked for documentation, and they said it would be given to me when I arrived back in the united state. When I finally arrived, I was given nothing but my passport and boarding passes. The passport doesn't even have a stamp for refusal or anything! It's blank, like I was never there. I believe this airline works with immigration. Stay away from this airline, and INDIA. It is corrupt!

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank bruce w
Reviewed 2 March 2024

Best Airline. The only Airline I will use. Very kind and friendly staff. Good Service. Great food. Planes are clean. Doha is easy to transit through. Lots of destinations to go to. Great frequent flyer program which our family use to pool our points together. Even got an upgrade Christmas time for free for whole family of 4 from Doha to Sri Lanka which was fantastic as after a day of already travelling we were tired and this was such a bonus and probably due to the Silver Status on the family account - very welcomed and so appreaciative of this. You don't get many things for free these days so was a real surprise - lay flat beds - brilliant. Thank you Qatar Airways!

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.