“Didn't live up to expectations”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 3 March 2024

Didn't live up to expectations just returned to the uk after a round trip to Brisbane. The app was poor for various reasons including starting check in was open the usual 48 hours before the first flight but couldn't check in because it was longer than 48 hours from the second flight, never had this with any other airline. Despite adding all my passport details to the app after I booked, asked for ask this information again when checking in to fly out and again when to return home Then I couldn't get a boarding pass as stated further verification was required at the airport, which was a nonsense as they didn't check anything at Heathrow.
Check in at Heathrow was fine, check in to come home despite it just being a bag drop in Brisbane was a farce, only 3 desks open and long queues, would have been quicker to check in completely in Brisbane.
The food on the flights was poor, sending not available, poor quality and strange random times to eat, also had one main meal, cleared away and then literally 10 minutes later served a biscoff biscuit on its own?
Safety not adhered to onboard, passengers regularly up when the fasten seatbelt sign was in and nothing said, lady next to me had a large bag on her lap for take off.
The cabin crew were lovely and flights were on time, only positives though.
Doha Airport was disorganised, off the plane for a very quick transfer and departure boards not in plain sight to find your next gate.
All in would not fly with them again, Singapore Airlines is so much better.

Date of travel: February 2024
2  Thank Suekey11

Reviewed 3 March 2024

We had a death in the family, so had to cancel our trip. We got charged £2400 cancellations fees. Qatar keeps blaming the travel agents and travel agent keeps blaming Qatar. Even asked them to email each other, they keep apologising but do nothing about the money we lost. We don’t need your apologies, we just want our money back. Worst customer service ever.

Date of travel: October 2023
Reviewed 3 March 2024

We missed the connecting flight. When we arrived at qatar airport for the transfer flight, our flight to jakarta had already departed from the airport because the initial flight to istanbul (sabiha) did not take off on time. For this reason, we had to wait at the airport for 8 hours until the next flight to jakarta and we were not offered anything that would satisfy us in any way.We were only given a meal voucher, which was only enough to eat, we could not even buy a drink. i would not even guess that qatar airlines would be so uncaring. Because we missed the connection flight due to the flight of qatar airlines that did not depart on time, we also missed the domestic flight from jakarta and we had to take another domestic flight. We waited for 8 hours at qatar airport + we were not given enough food vouchers + we missed our domestic flights from jakarta. as qatar airlines, qatar airways have to cover the costs of the domestic flight from jakarta that we missed and the costs of the new flight that we had to take. If the necessary actions are not taken, I will follow this process to the end. I am sending you the tickets of my Qatar Airways ticket - Istanbul (Sabiha) Doha - Jakarta and the tickets of the 2 flights we missed and bought a new one together with the invoices, I hope that the necessary procedures will start as soon as possible.

Note: 2 week later they answered and they said sent us receipt which flight you miss because of us.I sent them but 3 week they not reply , i sent email to them again and they again said sent us receipt,i already sent! After i sent again they didn't answer 2 week.after 2 week i sent them mail again and again they said sent us receipt! They playing game ! And again 2 week later they sent mail to me and they saying they cant help me and case is closed! They waste my time , they playing with me ! Never think Qatar airways big company, they are never care nothing.I never fly again with them

Date of travel: January 2024
2  Thank Paradise60125456295
Reviewed 2 March 2024

Poor service on my flight, firstly I paid £135 above the normal fare to purchase comfort window seats on the 777 300 dreamliner. They changed the plane so no comfort seats were available. I was given 10k window seat, but the seat was broken and kept reclining if I moved, they brought an engineer before take off to fix the seat, the repair lasted about 5 mins after we were airborne, not a big deal or so I thought. I settled in the recline position to watch a movie only to find out my tv screen was broken. I asked the stewardess could I move seats, but was informed the flight was full, so no seats were available unless I could pay to upgrade to business class. So I sat for 7 hours in a broken seat with no TV. And to top if off everytime food was served or the seatbelt light came on, the stewardess would ask me to put my seat upright, even though they knew I wouldn't stay up.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 2 March 2024

I'm really let down. The seats were too cramped, and the aircraft had serious faults that made the landing dangerously rough.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.