“Bad experience”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 5 April 2024

We had Very bad experience my little son 7 years old got ill in flight because because of food and de hydrated because they switched off air can as we touch Islamabad airport while waiting in plane All there staff know that we took my son on wheelchair to reached to terminal no good food from Manchester to Doha and average from Doha to Islamabad

1  Thank Imran I

Reviewed 5 April 2024

Dealing with Customer service with Qatar Airways has been a complete nightmare. I have spent many hours on the phone only to be misled and outright lied to. The example I would like to use is my most recent trip with Qatar Airways in February of 2024. I called Qatar Airways to ensure that I could add my infant (Under 2) to my booking after I receive his passport later that week. The person I talked told me that I could add them to my booking at any time even after I purchased the tickets. I purchased them with this information in hand. I called back a few days later when I received their passport and to my dismay I was told I could not add another passenger to my booking. Qatar Airways told me that I would have to cancel my booking to put my infant on my booking. After explaining what had happened they promised me that they would look into it. After some time passed and not hearing from them I called again only to be told that they are still looking into it. This happened on 3 separate occasions and many hours on the phone. The manager's that I talked all said that it would take time. Finally, I was able to get confirmation from a manager that it had been looked into and I was able to cancel without penalty because of what I was told by the Qatar Airways agent. The refund would be deposited in my account in 28 business days. Again, after the allotted time had passed and not receiving my refund i was forced to call again to confirm that this would take place. I was told by another agent that no such action was to be performed and the agent would look into it. They found that it hadn't been sent out and assured me that they would take care of it. I finally received a confirmation of reimbursement from Qatar Airways but to my dismay I was deducted the cancellation fee. This experience has been very poor and will be remembered in the future when booking flights.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank D8915OSjoshg
Reviewed 5 April 2024

The overall experience is fine but the website and app... It must be the worst website ever made. Looks good but I've never seen so many errors in the developer console that leads to white pages or error pages 404.

Really frustrating to navigate on it. It can take up to 30 minutes only to log in onto the app. Once you finally arrive on the manage flight page Boum, back to login with OTP etc...

You really should work on the UX issues on the app/webapp

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Maps16426384487
Reviewed 5 April 2024

It’s hard to understand how Qatar was awarded best airline recently. We had four economy flights with five schedule changes including one complete cancellation that meant we had to fly a day earlier (with associated costs such as an extra night’s accommodation) and endure a 13 hour layover in Doha. Qatar did however provide a hotel room at the airport. The meals were adequate although the breakfast bread roll was dry and came without butter or spreads. Worst of all were the hard uncomfortable seats which I’d liken to those on local trains - with no padding to speak of. There is absolutely no comparison with Emirates or Singapore Airlines. And the fare was actually a bit higher. Very disappointing.

2  Thank LindaPurple
Reviewed 5 April 2024

I have been travelling in this airline for last 15 years. But my Experience on the flight was really bad..On my flight from SFO to Doha when I ordered my choice of food I was told that the choice was not available and I was served food from Economy class. On my Flight From Doha to amritsar again when I tried ordering food I got the answer that my choice of food was not available although I was the third person to order the Food as I was sitting In row 1. Again I was Served food from Economy class.

The price of their tkts is Going Up but the service Is going Down. I will think next time to travel on this airline.

1  Thank Sherpa02275151406
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.