“Great service and fantastic crew”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 6 April 2024

This is the first time I fly with Qatar airways. I was on my flight from Doha to Auckland with my mum who recently had an injury and was unable to move. The flight crew were absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond expectation. They helped me to move mum from her seat to the toilet and back and even helped to get her changed. They provided care from the start to the end of flight. They came several times to check on my mum and to see if she needed anything. The staff in particular to praise are Jewelyn, Shahrzad and Jasmine.
Will definitely fly with Qatar airways again.

Reviewed 5 April 2024

Just wanted to share a recent, infuriating experience with Qatar Airways that left a really sour taste in my mouth. I've traveled extensively and thought I'd seen it all, but this was a new low for me.

I travel a lot and always carry a hand luggage and a small laptop bag. This time, when I was getting my boarding pass, they told me I can only bring one bag on the plane. I've never had this problem with any airline before. My other bag was already 7kg, which is the max weight you can bring, so I couldn't put my laptop in there. Their solution? Make me pay 298€ extra just to bring my laptop bag.

Yes, they charged me 298€ just for my laptop bag, which doesn't even weigh much. The plane ride was okay, and the airplane was nice. But the whole trip was ruined because I had to pay so much extra money.

Another person was having the sorta same issue, she had 5kg extra weight and they told her that it will cost 40 euros per kg and she just went back and on their website, she booked extra 10kg luggage for around 120 euros and when she came back again to hand over the luggage for check-in, they told her that you need to book extra 4-5 hours before and at the end she ended up paying 120 euros for nothing and she had to pay 200 euros more for 5kg. And to my surprise, most of the plane was empty.

1  Thank Hasnain K
Reviewed 5 April 2024

We had Very bad experience my little son 7 years old got ill in flight because because of food and de hydrated because they switched off air can as we touch Islamabad airport while waiting in plane All there staff know that we took my son on wheelchair to reached to terminal no good food from Manchester to Doha and average from Doha to Islamabad

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Imran I
Reviewed 5 April 2024

Dealing with Customer service with Qatar Airways has been a complete nightmare. I have spent many hours on the phone only to be misled and outright lied to. The example I would like to use is my most recent trip with Qatar Airways in February of 2024. I called Qatar Airways to ensure that I could add my infant (Under 2) to my booking after I receive his passport later that week. The person I talked told me that I could add them to my booking at any time even after I purchased the tickets. I purchased them with this information in hand. I called back a few days later when I received their passport and to my dismay I was told I could not add another passenger to my booking. Qatar Airways told me that I would have to cancel my booking to put my infant on my booking. After explaining what had happened they promised me that they would look into it. After some time passed and not hearing from them I called again only to be told that they are still looking into it. This happened on 3 separate occasions and many hours on the phone. The manager's that I talked all said that it would take time. Finally, I was able to get confirmation from a manager that it had been looked into and I was able to cancel without penalty because of what I was told by the Qatar Airways agent. The refund would be deposited in my account in 28 business days. Again, after the allotted time had passed and not receiving my refund i was forced to call again to confirm that this would take place. I was told by another agent that no such action was to be performed and the agent would look into it. They found that it hadn't been sent out and assured me that they would take care of it. I finally received a confirmation of reimbursement from Qatar Airways but to my dismay I was deducted the cancellation fee. This experience has been very poor and will be remembered in the future when booking flights.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank D8915OSjoshg
Reviewed 5 April 2024

The overall experience is fine but the website and app... It must be the worst website ever made. Looks good but I've never seen so many errors in the developer console that leads to white pages or error pages 404.

Really frustrating to navigate on it. It can take up to 30 minutes only to log in onto the app. Once you finally arrive on the manage flight page Boum, back to login with OTP etc...

You really should work on the UX issues on the app/webapp

1  Thank Maps16426384487
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.