“Mostly good but room for improvement especially with regards to customer service”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 6 April 2024

We've flown on Qatar a number of times - always in business class. Their Qsuite equipped planes are great - spacious and comfortable if traveling with a partner and we've always had consistently excellent onboard service and meals. The business class lounge is wonderful and has everything you might need for a short (or long) layover Using the website to book flights is slow but functional.

Where things break down flying Qatar is if you need customer service involvement for any reason, as we did when having to request a voucher for flights connected to a cancelled tour. Requesting a voucher vs a refund incurs no penalty fee although one was deducted from our vouchers nonetheless. Fortunately, I had taken a screen shot of the final transaction and contacted them about our missing 600 USD. They said they'd "look into it" - thus began a nearly 7 week fight to get our refund, a fight that never should have been necessary! Although it took a lot of time and effort, the money was finally credited back to us but it left a very bad taste.

On our most recent Qatar flight last week, we were a bit shocked to find no jet bridge in Doha, only a steep ladder down to the tarmac and bus ride to the terminal. This brought back ancient memories of 1984 Athens. We found the same situation when we departed on our connecting flight, only this ride was about 20 minutes long and out to an aging Oman Airways plane. It seems Qatar is now leasing several Oman Air planes after they grounded some of their Airbus planes - we were the lucky recipients of their frequent last minute equipment changes when our Qsuite plane was swapped out for this inferior substitute. Ridiculously small overhead bins, stained and uncomfortably narrow seats, non-functional remotes, and absolutely no horizontal surface save the tray table made this 5+ hour flight not the business class experience I was expecting. We did arrive safely as did our checked bag so I guess that's something.

So would we fly Qatar business again? I guess that depends - when it's good it's really very good but too frequently of late Qatar seems to be missing the mark. If another airline (e.g. Emirates) flew the same route we'd probably book with them even though we're generally Oneworld flyers. Sometimes though a reliable flight experience is more important than loyalty.

Reviewed 6 April 2024

We waited for hours at the gate only to have the flight canceled due to technical reasons. Transferred to an alternative flight of another airline where the level of service was significantly worse, they did not even serve us food. Qatar airways is not prepared to accept the complaint and in any way compensate the difference in service we received on the alternative flight.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 6 April 2024

Qatar airways used to be a great airline and the airport was also amazing. That is not the case any longer. Their food really sucks even in the Long haul flights from Doha to Dallas the food was horrible and cheap quality. They openly discriminate on the airport where the limit what you can buy based off of your flight. You cannot buy the food to eat at the airport if you have a short flight so they keep you hungry. Awful experience and this is the last time I'm traveling with Qatar airways

Reviewed 6 April 2024

6 of April 2024 day 45 in process, still no refund on my account!

About my daily process with Qatar Airways to due to a promissed refund for a hell like flight the 15 of January at Arlanda Stockholm on Flight LMQG80 that could have killed me.
This is the last message of today from QatarAir help desk.

Please trust us Anna This time you will be assisted and you will Thankful.

This is the 87 time i recived abowe promise from Qatar Airways wats app helpdesk - lets see now if they keep the promise abowe? Been once again sending all my privat info, bankdetails to a Qatar Airways WhatsApp service. Feels scary to do that but i am forced to since they dont look at the 85 email with same information that i have been sending to different stuff members daily now for 2 and a half month. Every time the same result - still no refund of they money they keep promisse me. Everyday i have to contact a new persone and same procedure again and then - Still no refund on my account. Lets see if they keep the abowe promise this time..- 😁Does anyone want to bet, will i get the refund now or not?😁🙃

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 6 April 2024

This is the first time I fly with Qatar airways. I was on my flight from Doha to Auckland with my mum who recently had an injury and was unable to move. The flight crew were absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond expectation. They helped me to move mum from her seat to the toilet and back and even helped to get her changed. They provided care from the start to the end of flight. They came several times to check on my mum and to see if she needed anything. The staff in particular to praise are Jewelyn, Shahrzad and Jasmine.
Will definitely fly with Qatar airways again.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.