“Con Job”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 7 April 2024

I bought a business class ticket. There was NO explanation that my ticket did not include lounge access. Not worth the money. I used to think Qatar was a great airline. Now I think it is a con job.

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed 7 April 2024

As I arrived to the screen with connecting flight number and gate, I searched my pockets to discover I didn’t have my passport or boarding pass.. panic.. had gone through security, they advised doing back and speaking with airline.
Airline rep checked with clean team and nothing reported as found.. checked with security nothing had been discovered and they confirmed..
A very lovely lady called Salwa made some calls, discovered the next time staff could get to the plane to check again would be 22:00 and my flight was at 20:30.. as such, bag was to come off the plane.. she did however find the number for someone who would be able to get to the plane and my seat sooner to see if they could somehow recover passport and get me on the plane.. (this was around 19:30)..
Salwa could see how much it meant to me to be on the plane, empathised, asked me to be patient and reassured me they’re doing everything they can..
I was due to land in Goa and start a massage course the same/next day.. at this point, it looked like I was on a plane back to UK to get a new passport and then come back out - missing start of course at an already challenging time in my life.
A phone call comes in.. something en route, eta five or so minutes and ‘could’ be passport..
I made it, the course is amazing, possibly falling in love and slowly regaining sanity briefly lol.
Thank you Salwa. I hope this review makes its way to you.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 7 April 2024

Never ever again travel via Doha , custom with no common sense arrogant and horrible ,you travel from jedda with Qatar airways via Doha with some zamzam and when you get there you not allowed to take it with you in a plane !! They allow you in KSA and not allowed in Doha , someone should teach them some real skills how to deal with travelers coming from KSA

Reviewed 6 April 2024

We've flown on Qatar a number of times - always in business class. Their Qsuite equipped planes are great - spacious and comfortable if traveling with a partner and we've always had consistently excellent onboard service and meals. The business class lounge is wonderful and has everything you might need for a short (or long) layover Using the website to book flights is slow but functional.

Where things break down flying Qatar is if you need customer service involvement for any reason, as we did when having to request a voucher for flights connected to a cancelled tour. Requesting a voucher vs a refund incurs no penalty fee although one was deducted from our vouchers nonetheless. Fortunately, I had taken a screen shot of the final transaction and contacted them about our missing 600 USD. They said they'd "look into it" - thus began a nearly 7 week fight to get our refund, a fight that never should have been necessary! Although it took a lot of time and effort, the money was finally credited back to us but it left a very bad taste.

On our most recent Qatar flight last week, we were a bit shocked to find no jet bridge in Doha, only a steep ladder down to the tarmac and bus ride to the terminal. This brought back ancient memories of 1984 Athens. We found the same situation when we departed on our connecting flight, only this ride was about 20 minutes long and out to an aging Oman Airways plane. It seems Qatar is now leasing several Oman Air planes after they grounded some of their Airbus planes - we were the lucky recipients of their frequent last minute equipment changes when our Qsuite plane was swapped out for this inferior substitute. Ridiculously small overhead bins, stained and uncomfortably narrow seats, non-functional remotes, and absolutely no horizontal surface save the tray table made this 5+ hour flight not the business class experience I was expecting. We did arrive safely as did our checked bag so I guess that's something.

So would we fly Qatar business again? I guess that depends - when it's good it's really very good but too frequently of late Qatar seems to be missing the mark. If another airline (e.g. Emirates) flew the same route we'd probably book with them even though we're generally Oneworld flyers. Sometimes though a reliable flight experience is more important than loyalty.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 6 April 2024

We waited for hours at the gate only to have the flight canceled due to technical reasons. Transferred to an alternative flight of another airline where the level of service was significantly worse, they did not even serve us food. Qatar airways is not prepared to accept the complaint and in any way compensate the difference in service we received on the alternative flight.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.