“Why is ticketing like this, is it the 1990s?”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 8 April 2024

As a tall (6'3") guy Qatar's adherence to smaller craft for intercontinental flights is a little annoying, but not all that disappointing. It's understandable, the cabin is modern, which is sort of standard for long 20+ hour flights to asia. This has had a has minor impact on my review, combined with the food is actually being quite good, has added a star to make this review two stars.

What cost this airline my recommendation, business, and 3 stars on this review is their absurd ticketing and checkin system.

It seems like they care about first class/priority people and manufacturing an experience for them? But for the other 80-90% of the customers in economy you're happy to just ignore their check in and boarding experience?

It all boils down to one simple ask.

Please modernize your ticketing and check in process.

I tried every few hours for days to check in online, using your app, and eventually every time had to check in in person from multiple airports across four countries. I had to stand in line for HOURS each time, to talk to a person, for no other reason than to get a boarding pass (I travel light and don't check bags).

In every airport I went to, every counter was empty, and the Qatar counter was absolutely mobbed with long lines and waits with agents showing no care or concern about the hours upon hours of their customers time they were wasting, leisurely and slowly working through the line.

I fly frequently for work and leisure, and I don't think in the last decade I've had such a slow, painful, apathetic check in/ticketing process outside of the early 2000s and some TRULY poor nations that didn't have computer infrastructure at all, let alone going between two rich modern nation's capitols.

The only explanation I can think of is maybe they want they "higher" class passengers to feel like they're special to go in a faster line, to speed past a pile of people waiting in line, on purpose, while thye waste everyone's time so the VIPs can feel more special, which is an absurd disregard for customers and time.

Fix the ticketing. This is absurd.

I will never fly or recommend Qatar based on this issue,, because, unfortunately, showing up an extra 3 hours early to stand in line for a ticket when any other airline i can check in on my phone isn't worth saving 5% on the ticket.

Reviewed 7 April 2024

Had a connected flight from Osaka to Amsterdam through Doha.
As the stopover duration exceeds 8 hours, I applied for a hotel voucher guaranteed by Qatar Airways.
After two reminders got a confirmation from them by email. However on my arrival to Doha, the company refused to provide the hotel room after 90 min of waiting!!! The food on board was also quite mediocre. Definitely not worth it, comparing to the ticket by competitors.
1/10, my last trip using your services.

Reviewed 7 April 2024

Qatar always is definitely the best airline out there. Make sure you only travel Qatar Airways with the same code.
It feels genuinely comfortable on the flight with great service. Absolutely delicious food drinks top ups all the time extra blankets good looking staff LOL.
Also really like stopping off at Doha airport is great. Even when I had a 30 hour transit in Qatar had a great time there and it was a breeze getting onto my second half of my flight. I have Qatar airways many times now and have always got a good experience

Reviewed 7 April 2024

I bought a business class ticket. There was NO explanation that my ticket did not include lounge access. Not worth the money. I used to think Qatar was a great airline. Now I think it is a con job.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 7 April 2024

As I arrived to the screen with connecting flight number and gate, I searched my pockets to discover I didn’t have my passport or boarding pass.. panic.. had gone through security, they advised doing back and speaking with airline.
Airline rep checked with clean team and nothing reported as found.. checked with security nothing had been discovered and they confirmed..
A very lovely lady called Salwa made some calls, discovered the next time staff could get to the plane to check again would be 22:00 and my flight was at 20:30.. as such, bag was to come off the plane.. she did however find the number for someone who would be able to get to the plane and my seat sooner to see if they could somehow recover passport and get me on the plane.. (this was around 19:30)..
Salwa could see how much it meant to me to be on the plane, empathised, asked me to be patient and reassured me they’re doing everything they can..
I was due to land in Goa and start a massage course the same/next day.. at this point, it looked like I was on a plane back to UK to get a new passport and then come back out - missing start of course at an already challenging time in my life.
A phone call comes in.. something en route, eta five or so minutes and ‘could’ be passport..
I made it, the course is amazing, possibly falling in love and slowly regaining sanity briefly lol.
Thank you Salwa. I hope this review makes its way to you.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.