“Rude customer service and charged over €300 for seats not received”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 12 April 2024

I will never fly with Qatar Airways ever again. For our 17 and a half hour flight from Auckland to Doha I paid over €300 for extra legroom seats for myself and my husband, which we did not get. The staff that we dealt with about this issue were frankly rude and unhelpful. I had to go online to request a refund and was informed it would take up to 28 days. I am now almost 2 weeks waiting and have still not got my money back.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 11 April 2024

One reason I opted for Qatar was their seating arrangements are apparently more user friendly that Emirates.

This could not be further from the truth. I never felt as cramped as I did on the A350 from DUB to DOH to CPT. I flew back on 2 Dreamliners - which almost the same. The food I thought was very poor.

But what really puts me off ever flying Qatar again is their seats - 17 hours each direction felt like sitting on a Ryanair seat. I found the staff only okay, can be curt at times.

The one positive is the variety of movies for viewing. Otherwise, avoidable.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Gerard B
Reviewed 11 April 2024

The most incompetent staff at Delhi Airport with no knowledge of Athens arrival. Making fool of passengers by changing $40 for 1 kg. First and last time with this airlines. Ground staff gave so much of mental stress with their incompetence.

Date of travel: April 2024

Booking ref RKYVMX
VICTOR CHITSAKA

DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM, Qatar airways is absolutely rubbish airline and charging passengers for schedule changes done by them. I had booked a flight to fly from london to harare on 27th Jan 2024 and return on 11th Feb 2024 through a travel agent.
I had taken the outbound flight however when i reached the airport on 11th feb 2024 i was shocked to know it was cancelled. I contacted qatar airways and they informed that they had changed it to 10th feb 2024 and a notification was sent on email. Which i never received.
I contacted the travel agent who advised even they had not received the email. I called qatar again and asked them to forward me the notification they sent regarding cancel and change of date and they did not have that. They advised me that they had informed the travel agent to which travel agent denied. Even i took travel agent on loop with them on email wherein travel agent mentioned the changes were done and accepted by qatar airways. I even asked qatar airways that you canceled the flight and changed it to 10th feb 2024 on 15th january so why didnt you inform me on 27th jan when i was taking my outbound flight? They had no answer to this. As per travel agent, they never cancel and change the date of travel without passenger's consent and travel agent even mentioned it on the email too.
Qatar had charged me £373.00 to get new flight. I am so disappointed as i have emailed them multiple times however they are not ready to refund my money.
I am writing this from my friends email as my email is not working

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 10 April 2024

Horrible airlines where they are making money on available seats and no curtosy on traviling with Kids, this is not the airlines I new 10 years back and regret to be booking on Qatar vs Emirates which I miss. They talk like no care if you have burgendy privilage club. why even issue that when there is no benefit for it. Truly regret this airlines turned into a money making company than customer friendly. Customer server at 1-877-777-2827 is as bad as the airlines

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Vamsi R
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.