“"Disappointing Flight Experience: Oversold Business Class Leads to Downgrade"”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 12 April 2024

Here is a draft of a review for you:

---

### **Review of Qatar Airways: Terrible Experience**

I recently had a highly disappointing experience with Qatar Airways that I feel compelled to share. I was booked in business class on a flight to Trivandrum, India. The ticket had been purchased weeks in advance, and my seat was confirmed. Upon arriving at the airport, I was shocked to be informed that business class was oversold and I no longer had a seat in the class I paid for.

Despite having paid for and confirmed my business class seat, the only option they offered me was to fly coach. This is completely unacceptable and highly unprofessional. My travel plans were upended and the comfort I expected to enjoy on my journey was completely undermined. The lack of respect for confirmed bookings and disregard for customer satisfaction was astonishing.

The service I received at the airport was cold and unsympathetic. Not only was there no meaningful attempt to rectify the situation, but the airline offered no compensation for the downgrade or inconvenience. I was left feeling like just another number rather than a valued customer.

This kind of experience is not what anyone should expect from an airline that boasts of its service quality. Qatar Airways needs to address this overselling issue and improve its customer service to maintain its reputation. Until then, I would caution other passengers to think twice before booking with them.

1  Thank John M

Reviewed 12 April 2024

Gate/Flight check-in representatives forced me to check my carry-on bag, despite the facts that it met size requirements, it easily fits on the huge plane's huge overhead bins, I had no other bags to place in the overhead bin, I was in Zone 1 (so wouldn't encounter full bins when boarding), and several other passengers near me were allowed with even larger bags. I told them that I'd rather board with it, due to the fragile items within the bag (I also fly all the time with this bag, and it fits just fine on every plane), but they insisted to the point of rudeness. When I later tried to board with it, they forced me to leave it with them for checking. Then, when the plane departed, there was plenty of overhead-bin space still available. Never had this happen before with any airline.

1  Thank chrisdoucet
Reviewed 12 April 2024

I will never fly with Qatar Airways ever again. For our 17 and a half hour flight from Auckland to Doha I paid over €300 for extra legroom seats for myself and my husband, which we did not get. The staff that we dealt with about this issue were frankly rude and unhelpful. I had to go online to request a refund and was informed it would take up to 28 days. I am now almost 2 weeks waiting and have still not got my money back.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 11 April 2024

One reason I opted for Qatar was their seating arrangements are apparently more user friendly that Emirates.

This could not be further from the truth. I never felt as cramped as I did on the A350 from DUB to DOH to CPT. I flew back on 2 Dreamliners - which almost the same. The food I thought was very poor.

But what really puts me off ever flying Qatar again is their seats - 17 hours each direction felt like sitting on a Ryanair seat. I found the staff only okay, can be curt at times.

The one positive is the variety of movies for viewing. Otherwise, avoidable.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Gerard B
Reviewed 11 April 2024

The most incompetent staff at Delhi Airport with no knowledge of Athens arrival. Making fool of passengers by changing $40 for 1 kg. First and last time with this airlines. Ground staff gave so much of mental stress with their incompetence.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.