“Qatar flight to Manchester”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 14 April 2024

Very happy flying experience with qatar flown to uk with many different carriers but never tried qatar before this time,excellent customer service, planes clean and seats comfortable, doha airport is excellent and there are many staff walking around who are happy to help you find your connection flight gate ect.will definitely be using qatar again.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 13 April 2024

I tried to contact the airline for a week before our flight by phone, message and also tried the website to add an extra bag. On the website was $169 for an extra bag and followed the process 5 times but at the time payment did not let you continue, then they said that I could paid at the airport when we check in, so we did. When we got there and wanted to paid for the extra bag they told us that we have to pay almost $1500 American dollars just because the website was not working.
The lady on the counter said that if we had paid on the website it would have been only $169! Which I already knew because I tried to do it 5 times!
We check the website again today and still does not let you paid for extra luggage!
The food is not good and the planes are not very clean.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 13 April 2024

The worst possible flight experience I have ever encountered in 3 decades. The condition of the planes was like an over-full third world bus, minus the chickens and goats- dirty, cheap and old. The food was abysmal- meat with wobbly skin and bone shards, tasteless pureed desserts, stale buns and unidentifiable salad ingredients. Only 3 catering runs on a 14 hour flight. Uncomfortable seats with no leg room. Terrible entertainment options. Flight delays and awful customer service. The app didn't work, neither did online check-in. Business lounge at Doha was packed with smokers and the food was even worse than on the plane. 4 flights in 3 weeks and all equally bad. Avoid avoid avoid.

1  Thank A4644EDpink
Reviewed 12 April 2024

Here is a draft of a review for you:

---

### **Review of Qatar Airways: Terrible Experience**

I recently had a highly disappointing experience with Qatar Airways that I feel compelled to share. I was booked in business class on a flight to Trivandrum, India. The ticket had been purchased weeks in advance, and my seat was confirmed. Upon arriving at the airport, I was shocked to be informed that business class was oversold and I no longer had a seat in the class I paid for.

Despite having paid for and confirmed my business class seat, the only option they offered me was to fly coach. This is completely unacceptable and highly unprofessional. My travel plans were upended and the comfort I expected to enjoy on my journey was completely undermined. The lack of respect for confirmed bookings and disregard for customer satisfaction was astonishing.

The service I received at the airport was cold and unsympathetic. Not only was there no meaningful attempt to rectify the situation, but the airline offered no compensation for the downgrade or inconvenience. I was left feeling like just another number rather than a valued customer.

This kind of experience is not what anyone should expect from an airline that boasts of its service quality. Qatar Airways needs to address this overselling issue and improve its customer service to maintain its reputation. Until then, I would caution other passengers to think twice before booking with them.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 12 April 2024

Gate/Flight check-in representatives forced me to check my carry-on bag, despite the facts that it met size requirements, it easily fits on the huge plane's huge overhead bins, I had no other bags to place in the overhead bin, I was in Zone 1 (so wouldn't encounter full bins when boarding), and several other passengers near me were allowed with even larger bags. I told them that I'd rather board with it, due to the fragile items within the bag (I also fly all the time with this bag, and it fits just fine on every plane), but they insisted to the point of rudeness. When I later tried to board with it, they forced me to leave it with them for checking. Then, when the plane departed, there was plenty of overhead-bin space still available. Never had this happen before with any airline.

1  Thank chrisdoucet
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.