“Never Fly Qatar again”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 14 April 2024

Bought a full costs BA from Singapore to Doha to Rome and return from Paris to Doha to Singapore. Very upset with customer service centre in Doha as they do not have office in Singapore.
1. There was no clear indication when the airline will open for booking of seats. As I was planning to choose seats of three for my family. We waited till midnight and the seats were not opened for reservation. In the morning at 6am we tried to reserve our selection by then all the seats were taken and we could not get seats for my family to sear together. So we call the service centre - firstly everytime you call they ask for different verifications before they will entertain you.
2. Upon getting g through, the operator they offered very little help. Until I insisted to speak to their manager. The operator was very willing to my request . They made me waited for nearly 30 mins inordee to get the manager on line.
3. After the manager manage to pair up our seats it is only for the flight from Singapore to Doha. From Doha to Rome I had to call again to pair my seats! They were not very helpful at all.
4. On my return trip they stop me from using the business class lounge! I have no choice but to argue at the BC counter that I was not denied when I took the earlier flights! With out reasons they turned me down. This is unbelievable!
After the incident there was not reply from them despite my COMPLAINS. I WILL NOT FLY QARTAR AGAIN!

Date of travel: December 2023

Reviewed 14 April 2024

Very happy flying experience with qatar flown to uk with many different carriers but never tried qatar before this time,excellent customer service, planes clean and seats comfortable, doha airport is excellent and there are many staff walking around who are happy to help you find your connection flight gate ect.will definitely be using qatar again.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 13 April 2024

I tried to contact the airline for a week before our flight by phone, message and also tried the website to add an extra bag. On the website was $169 for an extra bag and followed the process 5 times but at the time payment did not let you continue, then they said that I could paid at the airport when we check in, so we did. When we got there and wanted to paid for the extra bag they told us that we have to pay almost $1500 American dollars just because the website was not working.
The lady on the counter said that if we had paid on the website it would have been only $169! Which I already knew because I tried to do it 5 times!
We check the website again today and still does not let you paid for extra luggage!
The food is not good and the planes are not very clean.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 13 April 2024

The worst possible flight experience I have ever encountered in 3 decades. The condition of the planes was like an over-full third world bus, minus the chickens and goats- dirty, cheap and old. The food was abysmal- meat with wobbly skin and bone shards, tasteless pureed desserts, stale buns and unidentifiable salad ingredients. Only 3 catering runs on a 14 hour flight. Uncomfortable seats with no leg room. Terrible entertainment options. Flight delays and awful customer service. The app didn't work, neither did online check-in. Business lounge at Doha was packed with smokers and the food was even worse than on the plane. 4 flights in 3 weeks and all equally bad. Avoid avoid avoid.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank A4644EDpink
Reviewed 12 April 2024

Here is a draft of a review for you:

---

### **Review of Qatar Airways: Terrible Experience**

I recently had a highly disappointing experience with Qatar Airways that I feel compelled to share. I was booked in business class on a flight to Trivandrum, India. The ticket had been purchased weeks in advance, and my seat was confirmed. Upon arriving at the airport, I was shocked to be informed that business class was oversold and I no longer had a seat in the class I paid for.

Despite having paid for and confirmed my business class seat, the only option they offered me was to fly coach. This is completely unacceptable and highly unprofessional. My travel plans were upended and the comfort I expected to enjoy on my journey was completely undermined. The lack of respect for confirmed bookings and disregard for customer satisfaction was astonishing.

The service I received at the airport was cold and unsympathetic. Not only was there no meaningful attempt to rectify the situation, but the airline offered no compensation for the downgrade or inconvenience. I was left feeling like just another number rather than a valued customer.

This kind of experience is not what anyone should expect from an airline that boasts of its service quality. Qatar Airways needs to address this overselling issue and improve its customer service to maintain its reputation. Until then, I would caution other passengers to think twice before booking with them.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank John M
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.