“No reply from Customer Service in 28 days (according to their company policy)”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 15 April 2024

I wrote this complaint more than one month ago, but no response!

Case Number: CAS-2798819-T3Z5P4 CRM:0026000036945

Dear Qatar Airways Customer Service,

I hope this email finds you in good health. I am writing to bring to your attention a highly distressing experience I recently encountered with your airline, specifically with Mr. Ibrahim during the check-in process in Istanbul Airport Qatar Airways counter.

On 09.02.2024, Mr. Ibrahim (supervisor or manager of ground services) refused to allow me to board my flight from Istanbul to Doha, citing the absence of a return ticket. Despite explaining that my journey involved a business trip with maritime exploration and presenting a signed and stamped document affirming my embarkation and disembarkation plans, Mr. Ibrahim insisted on the necessity of a traditional travel ticket, such as an airplane or train ticket (as a prouf to leave from Qatar)

After an exhaustive hour of discussions, constant back-and-forth with supervisors, and my personal attempts to explain the situation to Mr. Ibrahim, I was left with no choice but to secure return plane tickets promptly. However, Mr. Ibrahim then insisted on reservation-numbered, not just booked, tickets.

In response to this demand, I swiftly obtained valid, numbered tickets. Nevertheless, the ordeal did not end there. During the subsequent check-in, I was informed that carrying both my laptop bag and cabin-sized carry-on would pose an issue, despite adhering to weight restrictions. This discriminatory treatment, despite complying with all regulations, left me deeply disturbed, especially as a frequent traveler.

Upon voicing my justified frustration, Mr. Ibrahim escalated the situation by threatening to cancel my ticket and calling the police. Despite no valid reason for police intervention, I waited for half an hour only to realize that this was a deliberate attempt to make me miss my flight.

I want to emphasize the impact of this incident on my professional commitments. As the executive of a group of companies collaborating with several international firms, I had an important meeting and contractual obligations in Doha, which were significantly jeopardized by the unwarranted actions of your staff.

I observed Mr. Ibrahim's unprofessional behavior not only towards me but also towards two other individuals before me, creating an environment of passive-aggressive conflict rather than seeking constructive solutions.

I kindly request a thorough investigation into the matter, a formal apology, and assurance that appropriate action will be taken to prevent the recurrence of such incidents. I also implore you to examine the documents I provided, including my flight reservations and the Embarkation Pax List for the ship, to verify the legitimacy of my claims.

If your human resources department values transparency, I encourage you to seek input from other employees who may have witnessed or experienced similar treatment. Their accounts may provide further evidence of the inappropriate conduct I have described.

I trust that Qatar Airways, as a reputable airline, will take the necessary steps to rectify this situation promptly. I look forward to your urgent response and resolution of these issues.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Salih F

Reviewed 15 April 2024

You are the worse Airline ever. I wanted to add an extra luggage to my trip to barcelona once I get to the airport (bc your webpage never allowed me to do it online) and you want to charge 1800 American dollars just for one extra luggage.
Worse Airline ever, your customer service is the worse too, you didn't allow me to buy a second flight ticket (bc I was cheaper than just add an extra luggage) either to send my luggage, and now I am in the airport waiting for my first flight my luggage is not with me, you don't refund my money if I wanna cancel my flight and you wanna charge I REPEAT 1800 American dollars just for one luggage from Adelaide to Barcelona.
I definitely will never buy a flight with this company again. I reckon nobody should flight with this airline bc they will stole your money

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Facu D
Reviewed 14 April 2024

Amazing services on the flight between Doha and Jeddah. The first class is definitely worth it. You can book an economy and then look for deals for upgrading to business first.

They went above an beyond and the whole experience was different.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 14 April 2024

3 packed busses leaving the plane, a long trip arriving at a point where we are all released into an area with 2 broken escalators, after security etc. An impossibly long line to wait for taxis, with uber being unresponsive

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 14 April 2024

Worst airline to fly with, was in there before 4 hours to check in. We weren’t quite sure if our son needed his Covid vaccine certificate that’s why we arrived very early thinking we could ask one of the staff member in the Heathrow airport, but everyone ignored us and when they finally noticed us they told us our son needed covid vaccine certificate and there was express one in the airport. We then took a chance and done express covid test and test came negative but they had already sold my son and wife’s ticket which left my son in tears which meant we had to buy another tickets costing us over £ 1000 plus one night hotel stay left family apart. As a frequent flyer I would never travel with Qatar airways again. My 8 years old son even has a fear of flying and being left behind because of Qatar airways.

Date of travel: May 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.