“DO NOT BOOK QATAR AIRWAYS!”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Why I wouldn't recommend Qatar Airways: I booked my flight back in January and preselected complimentary seats, receiving email confirmation of these seats. However, hours before boarding, I noticed our seats had been changed. When I called customer service, instead of resolving the issue, they made us feel unheard and blamed us for not paying for seats that were supposed to be free. This was despite us receiving confirmation of our seat selection without any mention of charges. The stress and upset caused almost made us cancel our flight. We had made separate bookings for our company's reimbursement and had selected seats in advance to ensure we could sit together, only to be seated apart. Customer service via phone and Facebook chat was nonchalant and unhelpful, claiming it was our problem. We had to plead our case at the airport to be seated together, though far back, only to have our seats changed again upon boarding. It was an incredibly stressful experience. We have another flight booked with Qatar Airways in June, but after this trip, we are seriously reconsidering and will likely return to our original airline of choice due to the poor customer service received from Qatar Airways.

Improve your customer service by offering alternatives and showing empathy towards your customers. Understand their needs and concerns, especially since flying can already be a stressful experience. Instead of saying "no" or "nothing can be done," explore different options to resolve issues and ensure a more relaxing flight for your passengers. Provide proactive assistance and listen attentively to their feedback and requests. By demonstrating understanding and offering solutions, you can greatly enhance the overall customer experience and foster positive relationships with your passengers

2  Thank Danielle F

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Very very poor never again would rather walk there is nothing good I can say totol mess Connecting flights which are impossible to get

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 16 April 2024

I arrived in Doha, Qatar today using Qatar Airways, and I am very disappointed with the behavior of some flight attendants, as well as the captain, and the rules on this plane. I am a person who follows the laws of the Creator, who performs prayer (Namaz) timely and correctly, without errors. For me, prayer is more important than any journey. Therefore, if I had known in advance that in this company it is not possible to perform the prayer standing as required by Sharia, I would have bought a ticket from another company. But unfortunately, no one warned me about this before I bought the ticket, and I found myself in a very difficult situation. The tickets were already purchased, a large amount was spent, and I was already on the plane and flying in the air when I first encountered this problem. I'm very sorry that it turned out this way. There was a misunderstanding with the cabin crew; I explained to them that I specifically paid an extra $300 to sit in a place where I could perform the prayer standing, both on the way there and back. Unfortunately, the crew did not understand how important it was for me to perform Namaz (prayer) timely and while standing. I pleaded with them to give me this opportunity, but the crew categorically refused, citing safety concerns. I told the crew that I take responsibility for myself and am willing to sign any agreement stating that they are not liable for my safety, but I was still denied. Since the prayer time was critical, I had to perform it without the crew's approval. At that moment, I felt deeply offended, guilty, and yet compelled to act in this manner. Consequently, I performed the Ishaa prayer (2 Rakats), as well as the Subh (morning) prayer and the Zuhr (noon) prayer on time. However, I was left with a bitter feeling after the flight, as the crew complained about me and my sister, who was also performing the prayer standing. I advised her, and the crew did not personally warn her. I felt deeply humiliated and offended; tears welled up in my eyes. My sister cried heavily after the flight because they took us to the police station and kept us there for over three hours. As a result, we missed the next flight, which was supposed to fly for several hours, and we were supposed to be at my grandparents' and other relatives' house in Almaty, whom I am visiting for the first time in my 38 years of life. However, all the flights, both there and back, were canceled for us as if we were very wicked criminals. This further offended me, and now we are suffering. They do not refund the money spent on the tickets, and I don't have enough money to buy new ones. Now our relatives are trying to buy tickets for us on credit, but unfortunately, there are no available flights in the near future due to this situation. We are very delayed and tired; I haven't slept for over a day, and I can't sleep now because of the stress. I don't know what will happen next. The people who strictly prohibited us from performing Namaz standing, even though we were praying when the flight attendant was serving food to avoid standing when the seatbelt sign was on, remained silent when long queues formed in the toilet, even when the seatbelt sign was on for safety, for 10-15 minutes. When I mentioned this, they said it was different. I'm shattered. Dear Muslims, please clarify the details before flying with any company. As you can see, this company strictly prohibits performing Namaz standing. Keep this in mind before buying a ticket.

1  Thank ILIM S
Reviewed 15 April 2024

Signed up for their privilege card before I booked my flights. After I returned home I tried to my points never showed on my account and when I called they refused them. Also only one carry on allowed for the long hall trip.

Date of travel: October 2023
Reviewed 15 April 2024

One hour delay from Ho chi minh to Doha made me miss my connecting flight to Manchester, which ment 7 hrs stuck in Doha Airport, no compensation but they did give me a voucher for food and drink, but I was in shock and felt sick this wasn't my fault and no compensation.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.