“Much better than Turkish airline in service and support in case of cancelation”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 18 April 2024

amazing airline with great service and very valuable award points unlink Turkish airline that has Very poor service by Turkish ticketing and gate customer support after the ground stop forced us to reschedule. First rep said we can't book you another flight since your ticket was booked using miles.
Then they said we booked a flight from JFK (30 miles away!) upon going to JFK found out ticket was an economy not a business ticket that I had and also had to pay for it again!!!

Reviewed 17 April 2024

So when I booked my flight it was advertised and you can change your flight for free one time only. This is not true. I tried to change my return flight and I found out I would have to pay the difference in the flight costs. I was like ok surely it can’t be that much. I have spoken to 4 different people at the customer service team and all 4 have told me different prices. One lady told me it was £76 and I can go on the website and do it my self which I tried and failed so I called back and spoke to a man and he told me it’s not £606. He said the flights change prices all the time. I looked on qutars website for a one way ticket on the day I want to return and it is £501. I paid £386 for my return ticket so you would automatically deduct the 2 thinking that’s the difference. Well that is also wrong. They recalculate your whole booking which doesn’t make sense. It is cheaper to pay the cancellation fee (£300) for my return and get £86 back and then book it one way. Complete and utter nonsense and a whole lot of time wasted. Awful service and Would highly avoid. Will never use again

Reviewed 17 April 2024

Great check in, made web check in and it went pretty quick even many people queuing. Great experience with website. Immigration sacks as usual in Saigon, I have got e-channel and it did not work so I need to queue again in inefficient manual immigration check. Very organised boarding, efficiency was 👍. Preordered vegetarian food and it was great, same as later served snack. Good choice of drinks. Nice staff and older but clean ✈️ I have booked last row seat facing toilet and it was nightmare. Opening the door whole flight, sharp lights and chitchat of people behind my back, not so much sleep 😴

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Soko37
Reviewed 17 April 2024

We are having absolutely a nightmare with Qatar Airline, we supposed to go to Dubai, all the flights has been cancelled due to the catastrophic weather (which is understandable) but the management, the organisation and de communication have been the worst move from them, they keep lying to us, sending us everywhere, lying to us, giving us hopes even if they know that they was no solution, and having no idea what to do, refusing us everything, we didn’t had no event a descent sandwich, we are still stuck in the airport since 48h, no service or compensation, they are playing the “weather card” but the whole thing is not about the weather but how they treat us with absolutely no respect, they were no manager giving us informations or updates, they leave us with the employees overwhelmed and stressed while the big directors were comfortably sleeping.
We are sleeping on the floor with kids and they don’t give a sh**t.
The last solution is to send us at Abu dahbi and “go f*** your self” literally with no transfer to Dubai or whatsoever solution.
So the flight is at 12AM (if they are not lying about it) we will arrive at 1;30 AM, the time to be out that will be around 2:30 ! 3AM .. and then ? Which hotel will take us, what we will do with kids and 3 massive suitcases ? They just destroyed our vacation instead of protecting us and giving us solution to not struggle more, they just want to get rid of us and of course reminding us, no compensation will be done. Director was even laughing at some point.
Anyway welcome to the Qatar airlines nightmare

Reviewed 17 April 2024

My experience today with Hafsa Sebbahi, who was checking me in for my flight from LON>MEL, has cemented my future confidence in flying with Qatar Airways.

I was underslept, tired and mentally working a bit slow. However the process and service Ms Sebbahi provided was calm and her professional making it a particularly pleasant moment. Which is rare at airports.

Such a very welcome and nice change from some other attendants and airlines I’ve travelled with over the last 12 years.

Overall her politeness and genuine nature is stand out and I enjoy meeting and interacting with staff that A) treat you as a human and B) are polite and patient, given that airports for a lot of people are spaces for a lot of emotions to come out.

So bravo to Ms Sebbahi and to Qatar airways for having excellent staff.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.