“Very Disappointing”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I strongly advise against using this airline. They claim to be the best in the world, but my experience was very disappointing, particularly regarding my compensation claim.

My flight was delayed by more than 10 hours, causing me to miss my pre-booked train. As a result, I had to purchase another very expensive train ticket, which caused significant disruption to my work. When I requested compensation, Qatar Airways immediately refused and dismissed my complaint.

Date of travel: September 2023

The following is the message I posted to Qatar Airways:

Dear QA:

Having taken a recent First/ Business trip in the above Sector recently from Jeddah to Delhi (return), I want to bring to your attention the details of my preceding flight as per the subject line which was horribly wrong in every possible way and a could well be classified as an outstanding example for mismanagement.

1. I travelled during Eid in April 2024 from Jeddah to Delhi by Economy (return)
2. I re-scheduled twice to maximize my stay with the family in the best possible way expending my Avios and monies.
3. During my onward journey on 07-April-2024, Qatar Airways unilaterally cancelled the flight from Doha to Delhi, literally forced me into a hotel for over 24 hours.
4. Firstly, upon landing at Doha on the 8th morning, amongst many others I was made to wait at the transfer desk before someone responded - The staff behind the desk randomly pick the people they like to entertain first, and should you speak they take your passport and ticket, and continue attending to others without a word spoken.
Next, the QA staff tells you that the next flight is like after 24-28 hours, and there is no other choice available, including refund.
Now, the QA staff takes your passport and ticket and tells you to wait. This waiting in my case extended to 5 hours.
With passport and ticket taken and no clear direction, QA expects transit passengers to wait by the transit desk in Doha, with no chairs, water, food or toilet, until someone from QA comes with some news.
Dear QA - Do you call this a first class airline??
5. Now, while I paid for QA flights through and through, QA did me a favor by putting me on an Indigo flight from Doh-Del on the night of 09th April 2024.
When I did board the Indigo flight, the attendant politely told that my trip comes only with water served in paper cups. Anything else must be paid in cash.
Further, I could ask for food only after the pre-booked passengers got their food.
This is cheap stuff dear QA - The ticket I paid for was inclusive of food and drinks....

In summary, this was a horrible experience showcasing poor management and customer service by Qatar Airways.
I would like to add that the people at the transfer desk are indifferent and do not understand what empathy is.

QA needs to look into its operations before calling itself a 5* airline....

Give me a chance, and I would like to put each and every QA personnel responsible for the above, through a similar ordeal with their family, as a lesson.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Racist airline. Absolutely the most rude flight attendants. They treated the whites on the plane like trash but treated the others nicely. If you asked then a question they generally refused to respond to you, if they did bother to answer they were extremely rude to you. This airline should not be allowed to continue service in the USA. I have a return flight with them and I absolutely refuse to fly with them. I cancelled my return flight and rebooked on another airline. I would walk before I ever boarded another flight with them. Horrible, racist and nasty attitude

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A big thank you to Edmar, Deborah and Candela on our flight from Adelaide to Doha last week. They were very friendly and helpful and very reassuring with my sister, who was a very nervous flyer. Their understanding was appreciated. Thank you and well done!

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I often travel with a carry on bag and it’s never been a problem , but in the my return flight , check in desk had charged me for the size .!!! I had traveled with that 3 weeks before by Qatar airways and it wasn't a problem. On the other hand I have high blood pressure and breathing problem , I requested an aisle seat for my problem , but although there were not many passengers in the flight , the staff gave me the last rows aisle seat and I had to ask the flight attendant to change my seat. I am very disappointed and won't choose to fly by Qatar airways again .

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Fariba K
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.