“Professional”
Review of Royal Jordanian

Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is one of the top airlines to fly. The attendants were very kind and willing to help. I will traveling with them again!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

A really good flight on time and with excellent service. The only thing to improve is the choice of films

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The first leg to Beirut from Zürich via Amman was a gorgeous and memorable flight over the Alps and then past Zagreb, Sarajevo, Skopje, and Thessaloniki en route to Amman. Views were utterly spectacular thanks to the routing. The totally charming Thai-Jordanian crew obviously had a very long 15-hour workday as their starting time is 4am in Amman before commencing the flights AMM-GVA-ZRH-AMM. And yet even at the end of the flight you'd have no idea any of them were tired-- they were still highly energetic and motivated. Some of the A319 seats do feel cramped due to the IFE boxes mounted underneath; as some IFE boxes are bigger than others request to change your seat if you have long legs. The snack box was nice enough for hour-hour flight.

I enjoyed a wonderful 23-hour stopover in Amman (ate like a king and went sightseeing) and on returning to the airport literally could not believe the incredible check-in process for OneWorld elite members -- you sit at a desk with a Royal Jordanian staffer who prints out your boarding pass and checks your ticket. I was the only person there at the time. You then proceed to a private security screening and a private immigration counter. The level of courtesy and professionalism was truly astounding; it made me feel like a super VIP. And then the Lounge! It has incredible wrap-around views of the terminal, about a dozen different types of seating, and hot and cold food. Plus a few bars. This airport is a wonderful place to spend a few hours; it's such relaxing and comfortable place. I definitely can't say that about more than a handful of airports around the world. The design of this airport is just so terrific. Yes you pay 40 JOD for the visa when staying less than three days but it was well worth the one-day stopover.

Finally the onward connection to Beirut about 23 hours later on a somewhat threadbare E195 was unforgettable for two reasons, and aviation buffs should definitely take note! Even though the carpeting was showing wear and tear, as were some seats, it's a very comfortable flight on one of the craziest routes in the world: theoretically only 185 nautical miles, but you've got to fly clockwise around The Country That Won't Be Named due to unfortunate geopolitical realities, so it adds more than an hour of flight time. However, as a special bonus you get a spectacular sunset plus majestic desert and Mediterranean views on a beautiful flight! And flying over water you can see the bright lights of the big cities miles away. The night approach to Beirut is also beautiful, with great skyline views. Plus a wonderful crew made this memorable. This experience was a wonderful use of my American miles.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We walked up to the gate as the flight was listed as "Boarding". The flight was not boarding, and no announcements were made. I asked the gate agent about the timeline and whether we should wait in the business class lounge - the area around the gate was heavy with cigarette smoke from a nearby smoking room to which the door remained opened the whole time. The agent said the flight would start boarding within 5 minutes. 15 minutes later, the status on the board changed to "final call", and still no announcements or boarding. I asked again, and the agent dismissed me - it appeared his English was not enough to understand. We started walking towards the lounge, and almost momentarily boarding announcement came up on the speaker. We came back amid the "business class" boarding announcement. There was only 1 line full of people who were not in business. Boarding was slow, and I was nauseated by the heavy cigarette smoke smell. I came up to one of the gate representatives (Mohammad B Alzoubi, ID 40287, expiration 28/02/2020) and asked him to speak to a manager. He said he was one. I informed of him of (1) heavy smoke smell due to the smoking room with an open door, and (2) boarding mess with business class boarding not being observed. He nodded his head, and I went back to the line. Mohammad, however, did absolutely nothing and proceeded to chat with his friend. I went back to him and asked if he was going to do anything to improve the situation. He said he is not a manager and there is nothing he can do. I went back to the line again. I finally reached the gate agent who was taking boarding passes, and right around that time they made an announcement about boarding economy class and opened one more line. I complained to the agent about the long time to board and lack of premium lines. He was very rude and dismissed me saying business was boarded a long time ago, and there are multiple boarding lines - which is an obvious lie as the second line he pointed to as the "premium" line just opened up. I tried to take a picture of his ID #22215, Firas Michel Osta. He tried to cover it up and yelled at me for trying to take a picture. He then pulled out my boarding pass, and made a big show of taking a photo, making notes on it and setting it aside before letting me board.

Once we finally got on the plane, I was feeling sick from inhaling cigarette smoke for half an hour, and needed some water. It took a long time to get an attention of the flight attendant. I drink a lot of water, and towards the end of the flight, the male flight attendant gave me a bottle of water - during which I observed lots of water bottle supply. Not long after, I asked for another bottle of water - this time the female flight attendant (who has been very unfriendly the entire flight) told me that she can give me a glass but not a bottle because she doesn't have any more bottles. I pointed out that I saw numerous packs just 15 minutes prior. She said those were not for us, and I couldn't have it. As mentioned, I need a lot of water, and a glass is not enough for me to be comfortable through descent, landing and disembarking. Normally, as someone who flies 150,000+ miles a year in business class, I do not need to worry about stocking up on water. I was amazed to hear that I cannot get a bottle of water.

All in all, it was a very unpleasant experience - from the airport full of stench to rude employees. I expected much better from Jordan's flagship carrier. I am booked to fly from Dubai to Cairo through Amman next week as a part of the same ticket, and I am very much not looking forward to it. I will definitely avoid RJ in the future, and will share my experience among fellow fliers. I sincerely hope RJ will take this feedback as an opportunity to improve the operations and staff training.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank N R
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

If you look for flight from tel aviv to Bangkok this is the perfect connection flight. The Dreamliner is amazing and the business class is very comfort. The food and the service wasn’t so good but I think it was something specific on this flight.