“Great flights”
Review of SAS

Reviewed 15 March 2024

Our flights were on time both ways and we experienced excellent and efficient customer care at the gate and onboard. Legroom was better than a lot of other short haul flights. Would definitely use again!

Reviewed 12 March 2024

SAS refuses to refund tickets cancelled within 24 hours of purchase! Stay away!

1. I purchased 12 economy round trip tickets with SAS to Crete, changed my mind purchased some other tickets and cancelled the initial tickets online at SAS well within SAS 24 hour limit. I took as a precaution a screenshot of the cancellation and refund confirmation page.

2. After a few days I called SAS customer service to ask why the purchase had not been refunded to my card. SAS customer service claimed I had not cancelled the tickets, regardless of my screenshot of SAS own refund confirmation page, and said in addition there were no ways for me to complain and even send the screenshot before after the flights have occured (in 4 months!). I.e. I am to blame for some error in the cancellation process in SAS ecommerce solution.

Until then, we will travel with 24 instead of 12 tickets and provide SAS with EUR 6000 in additional working capital and hope they will change their mind (not likely) when I (finally) will be allowed to complain sometime in July.

Stay away!

2  Thank BackPacker469576
Reviewed 9 March 2024

Awfull experience ever, even worse than the cheap flight I’ve taken
1. in our trip to CPH the encounter staff mistakenly printed someone else’s boarding pass for my friend and take forever to fix it
2. While boarding, the flight attendant refused to help me with my luggage (I’m not able to put it onto the luggage rack by myself)
3. flight attendants skipped me twice while giving out drinks
4. On our trip backing from CPH to JFK the check in staff ask my friend (even though we explained that we have F1 visa to fill out some never-heard form because she has china passport and again it take forever to fix it. The leader even stepped away to greet her friends instead of fixing our problem.
5. After we arrived, we wait for 2h waiting for the gates, and heard noises of flight staff arguing and fighting with airport staff….

as above, never choose that flight

1  Thank Vacation15916955695
Reviewed 8 March 2024

My experience with SAS was absolutely awful. To start our vacation, my family and I flew with SAS to miami where they lost a whole cart of luggage, my dad’s and mine included. On the way back, we’re flying from miami to Copenhagen firstly, by which our flight got delayed 40 minutes. On the plane, the flight attendant said that those who were going on a transferring flight to Stockholm would have to hurry but that there was no immediate stress. We hurried and basically ran across the airport to our gate that had closed before we even got there to our disappointment. 10 minutes later or so, we got the notification that we had been rebooked to a flight that would leave 16:05, 2 hours away. As we sat there patiently, it had come to light that this flight, too, was late. On the flight, we were scattered all over the plane and as we arrived in Arlanda, not only had our luggage gotten lost on the way there, but now as well. It was apparently still in Copenhagen. As my dad and I were looking for our luggage in hope of it still being there, my mom was talking to the baggage service that was stationed by the luggage band. Her conversation was not pleasant as the woman employed by SAS did absolutely nothing to help report our luggage lost. In the midst of their conversation, a colleague to the employee walked up to her and started talking, to which the woman fully turned her back on my mother. That is absolutely not an acceptable way to act when you’re working in costumer’s service. This is not something that I wish to experience again, and by this, it has been my last time going with SAS.

Reviewed 4 March 2024

Booked a package of flights and hotel through SAS in May 2023 to celebrate my wife's "special" birthday. We went with the objective to see the Northern Lights and succeeded. Overall the trip was good and the flights were clean, tidy and efficient (cabin crew were excellent). so - why only a 1 star review ?. Shortly after booking, I received a comms from SAS saying they had changed our return flight but offering a "free" change if the new time wasn't acceptable. I used the SAS links / website to make a change to the return flight and was charged £60. I spoke to a SAS representative on the same day and asked if this was correct - he said it wasn't but to make a refund he would have to cancel our booking and refund the entire booking and we'd have to start again (with the benefit of hindsight I so wish we had done that). Michael (CS advisor) advised that we would have to re-claim the additional monies on our return. Having just returned from our trip (Feb 2024), I duly submitted the claim as instructed and received an email back from Priyanka Jamsutkar (supposedly Customer Service) who tells me that there is no refund as it was a change in class and our decision to make the change. I have sent evidence, but the responses from this person suggests we are lying and refuses to refund anything. I have also asked for it to be escalated and treated as a formal complaint which has not been done or acknowledged. We changed only the flight details and not the class or ticket type and the responses from Priyanka Jamsutkar are closed to any discussion, repetitive in terms of the defence and demonstrate the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Thank you for demonstrating a very poor level of customer service - going back to Norway twice this year but won't be using SAS again thanks to this.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.