“Ridiculous charge to select seat in business class”
Review of SAS

Reviewed 19 March 2024

We bought business class seats for the overnight flight. When I checked the reservation, it says I have to pay an extra $190 to preselect the seat so I can sit next to my husband! Apparently, this is a new policy and there have been so many complaints they are “reviewing “ the policy. When paying extra for business class seats, I would expect to be able to select my seat to sit with my family.

2  Thank Louise W

Reviewed 18 March 2024

It is definately nice to fly with SAS. What is not so nice is that SAS normally charges 2, 3 or more times the price of their competitors on exactly the same route. I fail to understand why SAS keep charging such high prices for their flights, when another big Scandinavian airline clearly proves that this can in fact be done at far more competitive prices, while at the same time be profitable. We are here comparing like for like.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 17 March 2024

Manchester to Stockholm on Friday was fine Seats 18A and B.
Stockholm to Manchester today Sunday and seats 31B and C. Back row of the plane. Honestly me and my partner could hardly fit into the actual seats nor move a single muscle when we did. We fly at least once a month - short and long haul Usually low cost carriers from Manchester. This was without a doubt the actual worst seating. Zero recline No real issues on a two hour flight but the flight was 3.5 hours due to a technical issue with an engine. Safety first No issue with that But every single minute was torture. We could not physically put the armrest down in between us, partner was trapped in the seat and I was physically hanging out into the aisle to try and give as much space as possible to the other two in my row. Thus bashed every few seconds by staff or passenger to and from the toilet I can only think the plane narrows at the back and they make the seats smaller to cram us in. Never again 31B and C on an airbus A320 Avoid!!

Reviewed 17 March 2024

Delayed our flight from Stockholm to London by 40 minutes. Then had 2 hours and 10 minutes to collect our luggage from Heathrow and transfer to Gatwick. Mission impossible because check-in at Gatwick closes 1 hour before the flight departs. SAS paid for nothing, says they never will. Total cost to me was over 3,500 pounds to get fresh tickets. SAS, what you did is illegal, and if the law doesn't agree then screw the law, I'll get back at you another way.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 17 March 2024

Coffee and tea was complimentary but we paid normal price for 3kids on board and they were not even offered cup of water. One of kids was feeling sick and we got info from the crew that we have to pay for the water or upgrade to economy plus ! Refusing water is ridiculous!

1  Thank Anna K
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.