“Incredibly awful, lazy and rude staff.”
Review of SAS

Reviewed 6 April 2024

Absolutely the worst service, walked to check-in, employee got up and walked away, went to the next people, they said go all the way to the end. Went to the end and the "lead agent" said we were 3 minutes late, refused to help and just said "unlucky" Never going to even consider them again because I've never seen people so rude, lazy, and unwilling in my life. Choose anyone BUT them for your own safety.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Sightseer59318204115

Reviewed 3 April 2024

I rarely take to public forums to air my grievances, but my recent experience with SAS Airlines compels me to warn others of their gross negligence and utter disregard for passenger welfare. On April 1, 2024, my flight from Frankfurt to Copenhagen (Booking Reference: L3RW9M, Flight SK 1636) was not just abruptly canceled after boarding, but it also involved a prelude of unnecessary hardship. We were kept waiting in packed buses for over 40 minutes, with no opportunity to use the toilet and suffering under poor air quality—a precursor to the chaos that was to unfold.

What followed was a series of missteps that would be comedic if they weren't so distressing. SAS's attempt at rebooking involved a convoluted route through London, with a 10-hour layover, and a critical oversight: it required a passport for transit, a detail overlooked in their communication and a document I did not possess for this intra-EU trip.

Customer service was inaccessible until the next morning, and when reached, their proposed solutions ranged from impractical to impossible, culminating in a failed attempt to rush us onto a flight with insufficient check-in time. Calls to customer service yielded responses that ranged from unhelpful to downright rude, including a hang-up and blame-shifting for their logistical blunders.

Stranded for over 14 hours due to a series of cancellations and inadequate rebookings, it was ultimately the kindness and competence of Lufthansa's staff that salvaged our journey, not SAS's efforts. This ordeal not only cost us valuable time but also exposed SAS's prioritization of cost-saving over customer satisfaction and basic logistical competence.

This experience was a glaring testament to SAS's failure in every conceivable aspect of customer service and operational management. It's a stark warning to any potential passenger: consider alternative airlines if you value your time, sanity, and the bare minimum of respect and assistance in unforeseen circumstances.

2  Thank Lorenz91de
Reviewed 2 April 2024

It was a bit late but for me personally is sad when you cannot have water on board for free, I mean it seems a bit inhuman in case if someone is sick or have to drink some pills

Reviewed 1 April 2024

Has got to be the worst airline i have ever flown with. No respect for their customer in any way. I do not understand how this airline is even in business. Customer services may as well be non existant. I will never be using SAS airlines again and i would suggest that you find an alternative airline if possible. I certainly will be even if it means adding hours on to my travel time. The reason this review is late being posted is because i was in a dispute over compensation and they have refused to pay up and are just ignoring my emails. All i can say is avoid this airline at all costs.

Date of travel: September 2023
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank MARTY_3113
Reviewed 29 March 2024

Just look at recent reviews. Customer service has gone way downhill. They scream at you over the phone (if they don't hang up first). They take zero responsibility for their mistakes. Their IT systems appear to have many many bugs... it's up to you to cross your fingers and hope everything will be OK when you finally get to the airport! Avoid if you can.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank SCOTT B
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.