“poor service missing luggage”
Review of SAS

Reviewed 14 April 2024

was very dissapointed as the staff were rude and the food service was horrible. Food was served over 60 min of departure and no option was given. What ever the crew throw at the table has to consume. You have to purchase the drinks . Its not a budget short haul flight. no snacks provided for 13 hour flight. Had to wait for breakfast just before landing about 10 hours. 10 g of cereal packet.plain yogurt Many passengers were staving and askes for extra breadrolls to fill them up. Dinner was just a salad. They just wait just before landing to sell the snacks. Shame.
Most worst thing was one of my checked luggage was missing at Heneda airport . Staff mentioned that it may have unloaded inorder to weight balance. We pay over £1250 per person and we had to do do our essential shopping on our holiday. Never recommend to anyone missing baggage 😥

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed 14 April 2024

I specifically ordered a vegetarian meal over Booking.com and received the opposite, the flight attendant simply told me they ran out of vegetarian meals.
Furthermore, while I was sleeping my knee was hanging a little in the aisle, the same flight attendant who said there were no more meals for me drove her cart full speed into my knee and then asked me to be more careful. All in all, I unfortunately did not have a good experience flying with SAS Airlines.

Reviewed 10 April 2024

This is the worst airline ever. Staff is rude, plane is dirty, no vegetarian options. Its almost comical how bad it is. Like a bad joke. Do not recommend, unless you absolutely cannot find anything else

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank GoPlaces57579370382
Reviewed 10 April 2024

Absolutely garbage airline. Would give a 0 if it was possible. We had a trip from Miami to Athens planned, flying to Copenhagen first from Miami and then taking a connecting flight to Athens from there. On our way to the airport in Miami we received an email from them that the Copenhagen to Athens flight had been canceled. We had hotels, transportation, etc... already booked. At the airport they told us that we would be rebooked on a different flight to Athens, and would be helped with that when we arrived at Copenhagen. The only flight they would rebook us to had us staying 16hrs at the copenhagen airport, then flying to london, from london flying to amsterdam, and attempting to catch a flight from amsterdam to athens that was scheduled to leave 50 mins after landing at Amsterdam. If we were not interested in this option, we could request a refund. We ended up just booking a different flight with another airline, which cost us an arm and a leg because it was last minute, and decided to just request a refund. Good thing we did, going with their option would have forced us to lose 2 additional days going from airport to airport, not to mention, the london to amsterdam flight ended up being delayed which caused everyone going with that option to miss the amsterdam to athens flight.

When we called the airline to request a refund for the copenhagen to athens flight that they canceled, they did not want to honor it, eventhough their email specifically stated we were entitled to a refund. After several hours on hold and arguing with their agent, they agreed to refund that flight and would calculate the cost. Waited several weeks and now they have decided to issue a $68 refund per passenger for that flight. $68! when we had even paid for our seats separately. Most horrible airline we have ever dealt with. Avoid at all costs unless you do not care having a last minute cancellation that could potentially ruin your planned vacation or cost you a lot of money, and then fighting with them for a refund, if any.

1  Thank 535freddyp
Reviewed 8 April 2024

I flew this airline for the first time and had a HORRIBLE experience. I booked a flight from Tromso to Berlin with a stop in Oslo. Check-in was smooth, but the flight got delayed. It was only suppose to be 15 minutes, but it ended up taking off about 30+ minutes late. Not a big deal, except I had a tight connection window to make my connection to Berlin. Rather than booking me a new itinerary knowing that I wouldn't make the connection, they rebooked me to another country for another layover to arrive in Berlin while I was flying the first leg. They had no other directs to Berlin that entire day and the other airline that did have a direct 1 hour later "wasn't a partner." I was livid upon landing and learning I had to fly to another country for another 2 flights and arrive at the END of the day, effectively ruining 1/3 of my time in Berlin. There was no representative at the SAS Service Counter near gates, so I had to LEAVE and go outside of security just to speak with someone. I had to throw out $10 worth of bottled water I bought inside of the airports as I re-entered security (and pulled everything out of my bags again). He was extremely rude and said so what you're arriving 5.5 hrs later? Like it was no big deal I had to ruin a vacation day and travel for 10 hours duration. He didn't apologize, didn't help me with booking the other airline. By the time I finished with him, I was 10 minutes over the cutoff to book that other flight. I was forced to wait 2 hours, fly to Helsinki, to catch another connection to fly to Berlin. I had just finished an international leg of 14.5 hrs flight time 3 days prior that I am just extremely dehydrated at this point with a headache. I asked if they would provide a meal voucher because now we'll have to eat lunch at the airport in Norway and he gave me $100 NOK voucher for 2 people each! You can hardly buy a bottled beverage for that price in Norway, our lunch ended up costing $1100 NOK, not the $200 NOK they vouched for. Then I asked if my bags would be transferred "mid route" to the new airline and was promised they will be transferred. What do you think happens when I arrive in Berlin? I receive a text message that my bags had never left Oslo and were being flown on the ORIGINAL airline (SAS) the next day. Now I have had to travel 10 hours duration, take 3 flights, arrive at the END of the day ruining everything I had planned in Berlin, and now I don't even have luggage. Even worse, they say it will take 3 days to deliver and encourage me just to come pick them up at the airport - which is going to easily suck another 1.5-2 hours out of my 2nd of 3 days here (and pay out of pocket for transportation). I am beyond livid and will never fly this airline again.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.