“Not great, not bad, just very average”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

AS said above, Jetstar is a budget airline, they offer a budget service. They are neither appalling nor great. It is a very basic service with the crew not really caring and just wanting to get to destination ASAP. Crew often sits together chatting at the back of the plane, while a line of people are waiting for one thing or another.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (6,860)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Compared to other budget airlines, Jetstar provides very poor value for money, especially on long haul flights. Cabin crew are the least bit interested in their passengers. Preordered meals are inedible and despite paying extra for premium economy there was no room in the overhead locker for my briefcase and crew did little to assist in rearranging luggage so I could stow my bag in the cabin. Short haul flights with Jetstar in Asia are acceptable and cabin crew appear to make some effort to provide customer service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was the first time flying with Jetstar as I scored sale flights. Price is great but flight attendants are below average on the flights. They aren't friendly, warm or helpful but will pull faces and walk past the isle trying to suss out mothers with crying babies and not offer any help to accommodate.

Check in lines at Sydney was long because you wait with all other Jetstar passengers flying international, if your over in bag weight you could be looking to pay $100 on the spot for an extra piece.

Jetstar ground staff from Hawaii is amazing. Line flow so quick the process is a breeze at 5:30am. Once you get on board, there was more below average flight attendants.

Also, there is lots of seat mixups that happen. I was booked to be seated with my partner then once I got on board was separated. Other couples who paid for specific seats also got on board to find there seats wasn't allocated and was double
Booked with someone else.

Seats are pretty small, so if your tall or big, the person in front who will recline their seats and squash you.

Weigh up your options and pay a little extra to at least sit in business class so you get better service and more space.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to leave Adelaide then found out that i would have a two hour delay as the plane had been over booked..Was a little unhappy but they had me booked on a Qantas flight with a meal plus gave me vouchers to cafe's to use while i waited for my flight..Also received a voucher for some money for my next flight..On the return trip i spoke to a Jetstar representative and asked if there was any chance of getting a seat on my own as i was booked in next to two people and i am big guy and didn't want to make their trip uncomfortable...No problem she said and changed me to another seat with nobody next to me..Could not fault their help..Would definately fly with them again..

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am writing this review following THREE successive failures of service by Jetstar against myself and my partner in the period between January 2018 and May 2018.

January 2018
We flew Jetstar for a quick five day getaway to Bali. On the way to Bali there were no issues. The night before we were due to fly back, at 12am we received a text message informing us our flight, which was scheduled to leave at 2pm, was now delayed due to "technical issues" and would now leave at 10pm. By 12pm that day we were further notified that the flight had all out been cancelled without any further explanation and we were left to our devices to sort out alternate arrangements including interim accommodation, not to mention the disruption to our professional lives.

There was speculation at the airport that this had happened due to insufficient ticket sales to make flying Jetstar's Dreamliner economically efficient for the company - certainly, this has happened to others I know since it happened to us, so while it is speculation, I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

May 2018
We booked a two night trip to the Sunshine Coast from Melbourne in order for me to sit my paediatric specialist exams. The exams were on a Sunday, so we booked Saturday morning flights to ensure there was enough time if anything averse were to happen. We decided to book our flights back on the Monday afternoon to give us a day to enjoy some post-exam time.

We arrived at Melbourne Airport 1hr prior to the flight, checked our luggage and waited in the terminal. At no point were there any announcements that boarding had commenced. We made our way to the gate around 15 minutes after boarding commenced only to find the gate closed. We were greeted by four Jetstar staff, who seemed to be having a great chat and laugh with each other, and when we enquired and explained that we urgently needed to make this flight, were unapologetic and unhelpful and told us that we should have known that the gate closed 15 minutes after it opened - and, that we should have known that by looking at our printed boarding pass, which only had the boarding time on it with no further details. We promptly let our disgust be known, picked up our bags and booked flights the same morning on Virgin.

On the way home, we were already dreading the idea of our return flight on Jetstar, and thought surely lightning couldn't strike thrice. However, upon our arrival to the Sunshine Coast Airport in Maroochydore at 4pm for our 5:30pm flight, we were greeted by "Delayed" on the departure board. We were informed this was due to a mid-flight call for an engineer on the preceding flight which was yet to arrive and that an engineer had been called from Brisbane, but that their arrival time was uncertain due to traffic.

Currently as I write this review, it is 7:30pm and we are still yet to board our flight. We have been told several times that an engineer is called but that there is no way to know where he is between here, Brisbane and his couch. Our departure time has moved from 5:30pm to 6:30pm to 7pm and now to 7:30pm (that said, it is now 7:29pm and we are not on a plane).

If you are planning on flying Jetstar, I would urge you to reconsider. Despite their intermittently, marginally low fares, they lack in reliability, consistency, consideration and service. Pay that little bit extra for some service from other more reliable airlines, there's plenty to choose from.

Jetstar, don't expect much more service from my partner and I and we will be doing our best to wary our loved ones and colleagues from hazarding your service.