“Good service, good flight”
Review of Shandong Airlines

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Ok short flight inside china. Shandong airlines service and cerw is good. Airplane very clean and very good conditions. No flight delay this time. Good price for this flight.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The staff were friendly and professional, however the service was somewhat "cattle car" -as if they were feeding animals--the seats have a low pitch and my knees hit the seat in front just sitting--although I am not very tall. On time performance but entertainment system was random and not meant to be anything but a distraction--need better in cabin speaker system as announcements were barely heard

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank PhilN390
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

This airline is the best airline I have flown and I’m a Platinum Qantas Member taking over 100 flights last year. From checking in to staff on board and meals it is by far the best airline, leg room in economy had the most room I’ve seen and had on a commercial airline other airlines need to take note from Shangdong Airlines well done

Reviewed 18 April 2018

My 10:00 AM flight from HGH (Hangzhou) to DLC (Dalian) in economy on a narrow body 737 was delayed by 30 minutes by ATC (Air Traffic Control). No fault of the airline, and from what I understand, this happens regularly. The gate area at HGH was modern and clean, with cushy seats and a charging station for electronics.
Announcements made through the airport public address system where in Mandarin and English, but thoise made locally by the GA (Gate Agent) were in Mandarin only. Boarding was typical, with business class, frequent flyers, families and military personnel receiving pre-boarding privileges. The process went relatively quickly, and once on board, the FA's (Flight Attendants) were able to communicate in basic English. I had no problem stowing my 22" rollaboard and large computer bag in the overhead bins. FA's were proactive in assisting passengers in stowing their bags, not something one sees on North American carriers. There was no IFE (In Flight Entertainment) offered on the flight, Despite not being able to check-in online, I was fortunate enough to be assigned an aisle seat in row 8, so I was happy. Seats had a decent pitch, and the cabin temperature was comfortable. Service was cordial, and limited to beverages and a bag of peanuts for the just under two hour flight. Coming from balmy HGH and landing at a bus gate in chilly DLC was a bit of a shock to the system, especially as I was wearing only a polo shirt. The FA warned me as I was deplaning, "You're going to be cold!" However, once in the terminal, I quickly changed into more appropriate clothing. Shandong Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of CA (Air China), and my ticket was actually a CA codeshare. Based on this experience, I would have no problem flying them again.

Date of travel: April 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 1 April 2018

After surviving the chaos that is Zhuhai Airport on a Friday afternoon and being on a flight that was 100% booked, the crew made it the best possible flight they could and were very kind. The one stop on the way to Qingdao seemed a bit out of the way, but that is regional travel in China I would guess.

To make it clear, I have had bad experiences on this airline as well flying to Bangkok from Qingdao, but at this flight was worth mentioning.

Date of travel: March 2018