“Better than expected!!!”
Review of South African Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was really expecting a lack of inflight services in SAA. But I was surprised with their services. Very clean, comfort seats, friendly crew and helpful. It was a smooth flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,086)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived at the check in counter in Dar es Salaam and requeste upgrade to business. We were told US$200 p.p. and said ok. Now apparently credit card were NOT accepted, only cash!!! So went in a search of ATM (outside of terminal) and came back with a wad of cash. The SAA employee put the cash IN HIS POCKET, gave us the boarding passes and said he’d being us the receipt to the lounge. It never happened!!!

The flight was pleasant enough though the staff couldn’t crack a smile if their life depended on it. They did their job but with very little enthusiasm.The captain’s announcements were friendlier than cabin crew.

Definitely not my favourite airline.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm reviewing my latest flight with this airline, but I have flown with them a number of times and always had a good experience. The crew is helpful and often quite jovial, with great senses of humor.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived at checkin desk with seats booked 11 months earlier and confirmed seats to be told we had been downgraded from business to economy. We were not pleased. Some SAA staff were quite helpful but no one could explain why we had been bumped when we had a long standing confirmed booking, why we were not notified in advance, why our travel agent had not been notified, etc etc.
There was no offer of compensation or even the offer of a refund until I formally complained to SAA head office. I thought this was pretty poor treatment by a large airline (which I will be not be flying with again!).

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a critic of SAA , I was pleasantly surprised. SAA offered what one would expect from an airline. To start off, the flight was on time and arrived ahead of schedule on both legs.
The service was courteous and friendly. The food was typical airline food but it was good and properly presented.
The plane was clean and what is a very tight schedule. Cabin crew were surprisingly friendly, courteous and constantly attending to passenger needs .
Well done SAA.