“Early Bird switcharoo...”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Paid for Early Bird check in for all flights (plane change in San Diego from Sacramento to Cabo). Out bound flights were perfect, in fact, the flights were not full and many passengers had an entire row to themselves :-)

The problem came upon boarding our flight from Cabo to San Jose... We lined up by boarding numbers (A,B,C) and were then sent to the tarmac where we were put on shuttles busses to be taken to the plane. Trouble with this is that the A group was the first in the bus (back) and the B, C groups wee last on the bus meaning first off. hat happened here is that the B,C groups boarded the plane first...

Fortunately I did place a claim with Southwest for a refund of my Early Bird fees and were happily and promptly refunded. Much appreciated...

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank beautea97
Write a ReviewReviews (34,741)

Reviewed 16 February 2019

I had an amazing experience with Southwest on February 2, 2019. Due to a reversal of departure time, I arrived at the airport stressed and late. The staff was amazing. The ticket agent checked my luggage quickly with a late check-in tag. I was doubtful it would make the flight. I raced to the gate and the gate agent was wonderful and so helpful. She assured me my luggage would arrive - and she was right. My luggage and I both arrived in Phoenix together and on time. Fabulous experience with Southwest.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

Absolutely worst flight I’ve had in 15 years! I will never again use this Company even if it’s the absolute last resort. I was a very loyal customer of SouthWest. Rapid Rewards, Credit Card, and 100% flew Southwest every trip I took. Not Anymore! After a week long of meetings in FL im flying back to Arizona which is where I live. We had a layover in Atlanta. After flying 7 1/2 hours today my bag doesn’t show up. This is where it all starts. From dealing with the associate by the terminal to dealing with the associate in the Baggage Office. Listen, I understand bags get lost everyday but as a company you should take ownership and help the customer. Not only was she short but did not apologize once. After i explained to her my medication, truck keys, etc. are in my bag it’s not “We’ll call you” easy!!! No offer of delivering my back, no credit of any kind nothing. Now I’m taking a $52 Uber ride home while I pay another day at economy parking, no medication, and oh yea work tomorrow morning at 8 am. The airport is 1 hour away from where I live. Just fly with another airline and don’t be dealt with like I have been tonight! 11 pm !!!

3  Thank BaggageNightmare
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

Our flight was delayed 3 times and the gate was changed last minute. Poor excuses given by announcer.

1  Thank David K
Reviewed 15 February 2019 via mobile

There are not enough characters allowed to express the extreme ineptitude of this airline. I am an economic flier and I do appreciate that Southwest has a good cancellation policy, which is why I have flown Southwest more than once. But f*ckin Chr*st every time I do I wish I hadn’t. You would be able to get to your destination on foot, have a nice visit, train to run a marathon, and walk back to your origin spot faster than Southwest could get you there initially. They are the most incompetently managed airline I have ever experienced, and I fly about 3-4 times per month. Every flight I have had with Southwest has been delayed at least two hours. Bad weather? Nope. Just simple idiocy at its finest. Currently waiting for my flight that was delayed four hours without explanation. Will they let you take a different flight because they f*cked up? Sure! But they’ll keep your luggage. Because even simple tasks seem like Mt Everest to Southwest. All the people who were wronged by Southwest could march and burn their sorry organization to the ground. But that’s not going to happen, because that would mean people would have to give two sh*ts about the worst airline ever developed. Bottom line: don’t ever fly with them. You’ll get to your destination faster if you find ruby shoes or learn to f*ckin disapparate.

4  Thank cl7h