“Cheap yet Costly”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The ease of use was excellent. Check-in and boarding were some of the best experiences. My frustration is with the cost of carry on luggage. I also felt the trip was extremely loud during takeoff and landing. I don't remember the luggage carriers above us rattling as badly on any other flight. Turbulence was rough on the trip back but that was not the fault of the airline. The flight crew was amazing. I watched the care they gave to two different moms traveling with children alone and was very impressed.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,485)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Paid a little more for a seat with more room, but it still ended up less expensive then any competitive price I could find.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The staff was wonderful. The cost was unbelievable. They charged for everything except the air you breathed. If you can travel with one pack or small ilimited size carry on and nothing else and not buy any overpriced items from their food selection you may get away with the advertised price. We will never fly spirit again. They messed up my sons ticket. Said he would receive $25 toward the next flight. When he tried to use the voucher they couldn’t process it. He called again, Spirit apologized profusely and authorized a $50 voucher. When he tried to use that they told him it was only for $25. He will never fly Spirit again either

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I gave it a two because on the way there it was fine, cheap airline cheap ticket and cheap service.
when I was at my destination I received an email alert my flight out has been canceled. After hours on the phone, they said its "plane not fit to fly" or as I found out later plane was less than 60% full. they offered me a return flight the day after. Which is not an option because I work, they said sorry that's all we can do and as far as your money back we cant give because we put you on a flight and your declining, so it's on you. I did eventually get my money back but don't fly they will screw you, yes this is last time I ever flew spirit.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Never saw flight attendants from flight 301, FLL to SJU and employees with such lack of customer service. Never will be back with this airline. Attedants are very rude, awful service. Not recommended at all.