“First Time Spirit Flyer”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great price, friendly Spirit employees, on-time or a little ahead of schedule, and smooth flying going to and returning from CO. Note that size of carry-on (for no extra fee) is relatively small and plan accordingly. It's more cost effective to pay luggage up-charge when you book rather than at the airport.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,409)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Simply one of these 'low cost' companies that charges you for breathing.

We took it because it was cheap and ended up paying as much the price as the one of a proper company (which is definitely not this one for a number of reasons).

Would never recommend to fly with them if avoidable at all.

If you don't have any other choice, make sure you pay the price for checking your hand luggage or JUST bring a small bag with you. Read info about hand luggage carefully before reaching the gate!

1  Thank angiebiegiewasthere
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went with Spirit after hearing how affordable they could be. The "pay for what you want only" was intriguing to me especially for a short trip where I didn't need to bring much other than the personal item. After checking in for my flight, receiving an electronic boarding pass and arriving at the airport to go through TSA I find out that spirit delayed our flight AN ENTIRE DAY WITH NO NOTICE. The only reason I found out is because my boarding pass wouldn't scan and I had to go to their customer service to find out why. I had already booked my hotel and rental car for that night and the only thing they would do was offer me a future flight voucher of $50 per ticket that expires in two months... They wouldn't even help me find another airline, pay to put me in a hotel for the night, or reimburse me for losses for the hotel and rental car I had already paid for. Customer service was not at all apologetic and no one ever told us why, they just kept saying the delay was due to an unexpected error. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. We scrambled to find another flight after they refused to help us and my boyfriend went over to Delta, Delta even helped him look up other flights to figure out what would be cheapest!! AND we didn't even fly with them! Thanks to spirit's delays we spent $577/ ticket for our departing flight because we had to be in Vegas that night. THE DISCOUNTED PRICE IS NOT WORTH THE STRESS. All other airlines offer you something if they don't fly, whether it is a partner airline flight that day where they pay the difference or covering any losses suffered due to something going wrong on their part. I left the return flight with them only because I didn't want to spend another $577 on a return flight. The return flight was fine, but again I spent half my trip stressing that we would be told upon arrival that they were delaying a full day again and we had to be at work the next day. It's not worth the gamble. Had they offered actual customer service like any other airline this would have been a much different review.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

You get what you pay for I suppose. Employees are not knowledge and extremely unhelpful with even the slightest problems. Definitely not properly trained on their system at international destinations. Maybe domestic US flights are better? Overcharged for a checked bag and cannot get a refund. After all is said and done not even a great deal for a horrible flight experience

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

They should be sued for unnecessary torture of the human body to make a good profit. We bought a vacation express package through Groupon (NEVER AGAIN) and I had the most frightening plane ride/experience of my life. Everyone on the plane complained about the leg room and cramped scary looking cabin. I actually upgraded my ticket to business on way back and threatened divorce until my hubby bought it. He bought one for my mom too because she just had a knee replacement and felt like her knee was gonna stay locked for days-I felt guilty I didn’t do my research before I paid for her ticket. But that’s not all!!! The attendant wanted cash only in Punta Cana for the upgrade and I never saw where she put it-hmmmm. Didn’t even get a receipt-just a reissued ticket. BTW: You will starve unless you bring food and snacks. Unless you are into starvation. I brought food because my kid is a grazer and my teen is a bottom-less pit that is growing 2 feet a year. I ended up feeding as many kids as I could-even those I didnt Know. Unless you allowed your kid to kick my chair while they played their game at top volume or you leaned back your chair to remove the top of my kneecaps. You got nothing like the soul-less human you are. And yes-I will tell your kid to stop any day they act like their brainless parent. You asked them to stop 10 times. Amazing they stopped after I asked them once. Anywho, we all stuffed ourselves before flight home (12 of us) because we didn’t want to feel like the Donner party again. Don’t fly Spirit unless you want steroid injections in ur knees when u get home.