“sucked...”
Review of Sunwing Airlines

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We flew out of YEG and all seemed ok at first...when I booked the seats and the flight I spoke to someone at Sunwing...booked my friend and hubby and myselft with prioperty boarding...but what I didn't know was that when I booked the same flight for my son and his girl that they only booked priority for the trip down to Mexico and the trip back...Why wouldn't I book it both ways...I can't understand this?...when I tryed to up grade their booking they wouldn't allow me to pay or change this reservation...they would have made them not have their seats together if I put them up to priority they would move them apart..I could fix this at the airport and had I know I wouldn;t have booked it that way...and on the way to Mexico my son went unresponsive while in his seat...when I tryed to get some help the only thing they could offer me was a cold wet paper towel...no gravol..because he was pucking as well...he is not a kid he is 27 years old young man and I think he was over tired but because I am a Health Care Aide I was able to cool him down and bring him back to some form of better..I had the gravol on me so he had some of mine and went back to sleep..and then to top off everything our flight was delayed and our suitcase didn't make our flight...it went on to Calgary AB and we finally ready for pick up the next day...I live 2 hours from YEG and I have to pay for parking as well....plus my suitcase was torn up and hit the garbage bin once I was home...will not fly SUNWING again...

1  Thank jeffnerlund
SunwingAirlines, ST | Social Media Agent at Sunwing Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are truly sorry to hear about your recent experience and completely understand the effect that an experience like this causes on your overall vacation. Sunwing believes in offering world-class, unique customer service for each and every individual. It sounds like your recent experience fell much below our standards.

Sunwing prides itself on having a high standard of ethical business conduct, hiring, training and retaining the most talented staff and management team. It is our mission to treat each and every person that touches our business as a valued customer.

We would like to thank you for providing us with this crucial feedback. We will be forwarding this to the appropriate department for coaching purposes. Our hope is that despite these unfortunate inconveniences, you were still able to enjoy your vacation in Mexico.

ST | Social Media Agent

Write a ReviewReviews (4,661)

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The flight and staff were good. Food selection not that great and was overcooked. Best to eat before take your flight. All inclusive and was well with the money.

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Sunwing Airline.

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your travel experience with Sunwing. We continuously aim to rise above and beyond our customers’ travel expectations to ensure that they are satisfied with their vacation packages from the moment they board our flights, to their pleasant return back home. Your honest feedback on the food selections and feedback of satisfaction are greatly valued.

We look forward to welcoming you on board Sunwing Airlines once again in the near future.

SK | Social Media Agent

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t really know where to start but I wouldn’t recommend anyone to fly with sunwing, buy any travel pack or reserve any attraction .

Our vacation has been ruined completely by sunwing and nexus . They promised to refund us but we don’t know yet.. even if they do, they ruined our vacation . they are not safe , they are not liable , they are not reliable , they misguide you and misrepresent they service and it’s actually very dangerous to travel with sunwing and any of nexus excursion .

1- flight : it was aweful. Small and uncomfortable seats ...always running late . Old plane with no tv and You also have to pay for earphones if u want to watch movie.

2- the travel package is a ripe off . Don’t buy it on line or from sunwing .
Example : we bought a package for $3600 but found out that people bought same thing from other agencies for $2400

3- the most important part : DO NOT buy any excursion on line ...u will have a hell of time with them !!

reason:
- it will be super expensive . You can buy any excursion package from your hotel for half of the price and it’s actually better !!
- you have to run after sunwing and nexus representatives to arrange your excursion with them which means wasting hours of ur time !!
-king of misrepresentation =sunwing

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I have flown Sunwing several times and it has always been a pleasant experience. The flight attendants are friendly and helpfull. I do generally the upgraded seats for the extra legroom...it is worth it!

Hello Tammy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Sunwing Airline.

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your travel experience with Sunwing. We continuously aim to rise above and beyond our customers’ travel expectations to ensure that they are satisfied with their vacation packages from the moment they board our flights, to their pleasant return back home. We are also happy to hear that you received great customer service from our flight attendants. Your feedback and satisfaction are greatly valued.

We look forward to welcoming you on board Sunwing Airlines once again in the every near future!

ST | Social Media Agent

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Booked an all inclusive package and all the "planned or scheduled" travel by Sunwing was either extremely late or never showed up. Weather was good on both days of travel no high winds or rain.

On top of that they have not responded to multiple emails trying to get reimbursed for the taxi we had to take to and from the hotel... We would have missed our flight if we did not take a taxi last minute. We confirmed the night before that we were on the list for the bus back to the airport so Sunwing did not have an excuse.

The hotel also decided it would be appropriate to have the party ship play load music at 2am facing the hotel for about an hour. When we complained, along with many others in the hotel, nothing was done. I would not recommend Sunwing or the Oasis resorts if you are a couple looking for a quiet vacation to relax and recharge.

Sunwing does not care about you after they get your money. I would never fly with them again or buy a package with them. I would advise you do the same as it caused many headaches on something that was supposed to be a care free vacation.