“A good value !”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The crew, efficient and very friendly, I was feeling very ill and got help from the crew, I do not remember his name, thank you very much.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,256)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Long flight including two stops, first one in Newark and second one in Lisbon.

Arrived from Vancouver, BC to Newark we had to RUN to take the train and change the terminal. No one from the company that direct you or could talk to you and inform the plane that you are there.

We arrived right on time and took our flight to Lisbon. There we found a huge line at the international passports.
With a EU passport I passed pretty fast and informed the blue jackets, the police officers and the border officers that my girlfriend was in line and we would have lost the connecting flight. NO ONE CARED. I told them that we both worked in a airport and we know they should let you pass but they just answered smiling.

I was waiting for her right behind the border officer stand and one of them told me: "if you stay here I will send someone to take you away"... wasn't very friendly or helpful.

Our flight was supposed to board at 7.15 so at 7.30 they let her pass and they let us pass first to a second security check.

As soon as we pass it they told us we missed the flight... with other 15 people...

Complaints and next flight was at 2.
:00, so in total our flight became like 32 hours...

THEY OVERBOOK AND THAT IS PLANNED AHEAD, THEY LEFT IS AND OTHER 15pp WAITING AT THE AIRPORT WITH NO REASON. THEY SHOULD HAVE COMMUNICATED THE DELAYS AND WAITED FOR 15pp.

Arrived in Milan our luggages were not there, they were still in NJ. No one in Portugal told us about it while they should have... they arrived 4 days later, one broken, a wheel has been litteraly cut.

Never ever again TAP, coshared with AirCanada.

Oh Air Canada, I paid them for the luggages and when I sent email with pictures of the broken luggage to ask a refund they told me to contact TAP. Cause they know they will not care and I won't get any reimburse for it.

Welcome back to Europe after 2 years!!!

Date of travel: December 2018
3  Thank watashiwalucades
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very friendly staff, delicious food and nice atmosphere. Everyone was helpful and caring. Thanks a lot.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Selected the TAP option because all other routes and airlines have gone crazy expensive in recent months on the transatlantic routes and TAP are offering competitive prices. We have used TAP on European routes before but never long haul, so we were interested to see what was offered. The aircraft was the old layout Airbus 330 which immediately disappointed us, these are too old and tired for long haul. The aircraft we had was in need of a good deep clean, dirty around and under seats, pockets with items from previous passengers etc. Not acceptable anywhere but certainly not in business class.

Check-in and boarding at MAD and LIS was relatively efficient, I say relatively because they need some guidance & training regarding business class boarding and priority - otherwise what are you paying extra for?

Onboard, the seats are ok, decent legroom and lighting but not special enough for business class. Similarly with the food, despite my wife making an online reservation for different food, she only received a slightly modified standard dish. Poor service!

The price difference does make TAP interesting but choose carefully.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight on time, good attendance at the airport and very nice service on board. Many newspaper available for free. Clean aircraft.

Date of travel: October 2018