“5 star Tap”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 13 May 2024

No 1 airline, service was perfect, couldn’t ask for more, minor fault on plane but was rectified quickly, food was unbelievable

Reviewed 11 May 2024

Upon arrival 2.5 hours ahead of departure, there were extra uniformed personnel for our flight amassed at the gate and a divider prevented us from entering the boarding area. When they finally permitted us to enter, several people—including us—were separated and our carryon luggage weighed. Ours were measured and deemed to be the correct dimensions. The agent then declared our carryons to be too heavy, even though TAP is a "pieces" airline and not a "weight" airline. We had entered Portugal on the same flight (MIA to LIS) with exactly the same luggage and no one was pulled aside and questioned by TAP personnel. The agent demanded we pay 115€ extra. When we pointed out that we could have checked FOUR MORE BAGS for free, he said that it didn't matter. I volunteered to go back through security and check the offending bag, to which the TAP agent told me there was insufficient time. We observed that THEY DID NOT CHECK EVERYONE with a personal item and a carryon, yet they charged a few randomly screened people. It is legal and acceptable to randomly search someone (according to Portuguese law), but it is NOT legal to randomly search AND RANDOMLY CHARGE select passengers. We were forced to pay up or miss the flight. To make things worse, there were many empty seats on the flight with a great deal of overhead storage space.

We paid additional for comfort seats, We were served ONE small cup of water on a 9+ hour flight. Perhaps the standard seats received no water at all.

A miserable airline I will never patronize again.

1  Thank Q320NZdavids
Reviewed 11 May 2024

The worst airline in the world, it’s even worse than the most terrible low- costers . I would never recommend flying with them, only if you have no other choice. Both times we were parked at the furthest point at the airport, the bus ride was endless and it took us 50 min from the time we landed to reach the gate. The gate for both of my flights were announced right when they started the boarding and they gave me a handwritten ticket and kept scratching the stuff they have written before

Reviewed 9 May 2024

TAP sent me an email prior to my flight stating I only had one piece of luggage so I bought another even though this was expensive because I was moving for my studies. When I got to the checkout they told me two pieces were free and that they couldn't do anything to refund me for the incorrectly sent email. I was just told to send an online complaint form. Also, I mistakenly left my headphones on the plane as I was helping another passenger put her bags down and I notified the airline when I realised at the baggage carousel. Again, i was told to send an online complaint form as they couldn't do anything. IT HAS BEEN 4 MONTHS AND NO RESPONSE DESPITE ME CALLING AND CREATING A TWITTER ACCOUNT TO CONTACT THEM!!! TERRIBLE SERVICE

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 9 May 2024

Why would an airline accept your luggage for a flight that you booked 8 months earlier only to call you up when the flight is already late (based on the scheduled departure time) to let you know they’d overbooked and you’d been chosen to be bumped? If I could give them a ‘0’ rating I would.

1  Thank _karenevans8361
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.