“Stay away from this airline”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 17 May 2024

This is the worst airline I’ve ever flown on the day before our flight we went to check in, and they had moved our seats to the very back of the plane from the bulkhead which we Paid extra for. I called the customer service line multiple times and they told me they was nothing they could do about it because they needed our seats for medical reasons. I asked to be put on a different flight and they told me that was not available option. They told me that there was no seats open. As I looked on the app, I saw there is multiple seats open. I was on hold for over an hour and have been disconnected by the representatives about six times this morning very dissatisfied and I will never fly this airline again or recommend anyone does one of the worst experiences flying ever!

Reviewed 17 May 2024

The flight was delayed two hours. OK, that can happen to any airline. But the ground crew and the air crew never even acknowledged the delay, never mind apologise for it.
In addition, they were surly and unhelpful.
Also, the information about the actual departure time and the gate came through in dribs and drabs, and different sources (their app, their emails, the airport signage) was contradictory.
Rubbish performance.

2  Thank calumc2021
Reviewed 16 May 2024

Do not believe any positive reviews posted by TAP herein in an effort to counter the massive 99% of individuals giving TAP the garbage, crooked, terrible rating they so rightly deserve. Ground staff and flight crew rude beyond belief, changed my emergency row seat which au paid extra for and separated my wife and I arbitrarily…restricted access to loos once they start any service and have a massive chip on their shoulders. Pay the extra to fly BA or other carriers as TAP are the worst!!!! And that’s the truth read what everyone is saying before you regret travelling with this pathetic excuse for an airline. TAP are crap!!!!!

Reviewed 16 May 2024

Terrible customer service. Confusing baggage rules. You see so many people arguing at the gate desk. Different rules at check in then at the gate. The staff seem enjoying to annoy passengers. The see like on the mission. Avoid

1  Thank Marcin M
Reviewed 16 May 2024

I did an online check in and had my boarding pass on my phone. I painstakingly packed my carry-on and my person item to make absolutely sure that I was not over weight. With my portable scale, the carry on weighed 9.5 kilos (a half kilo less than allowed). Upon EARLY arrival to the gate I was told to weigh both bags and everything was an acceptable weight. Then she said that I had to check my carry-on bag as they didn't have enough overhead space. I was probably the 15th person to arrive at the gate. There was no "volunteer to check your bag" option offered to the waiting passengers. I told the attendant that I did not want to check it as I had a tight connection in Miami. She insisted that is was not an option. All the passengers behind me were angry as well.
Why have baggage policies only to ignore them? If I was over weight or trying to sneak in extra bags I could understand it but I stressed over keeping the weight limit and not purchasing souvenirs only to be forced to check it.
After boarding, there was plenty of un-used space in the upper bins. Total BS!!!!
AND the USB ports did not work on both of my flights that day either.
Fortunately there are lots of other airlines to travel with!

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.