“Baggage Nightmare-Do NOT fly tap air”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 19 May 2024

Do NOT fly Tap Air. My family of 4 was forced to check our carry on bags even though it was the appropriate size and weight. We explained we have an important commitment and do not have time to go back baggage claim which is why we intentionally packed light. The attendant was rude, grabbed our bags and said we could not board without turning over our bags. We were in group B, so they could have easily selected someone else in group C if required. The worst travel experience ever!!!

Reviewed 17 May 2024

This is the worst airline I’ve ever flown on the day before our flight we went to check in, and they had moved our seats to the very back of the plane from the bulkhead which we Paid extra for. I called the customer service line multiple times and they told me they was nothing they could do about it because they needed our seats for medical reasons. I asked to be put on a different flight and they told me that was not available option. They told me that there was no seats open. As I looked on the app, I saw there is multiple seats open. I was on hold for over an hour and have been disconnected by the representatives about six times this morning very dissatisfied and I will never fly this airline again or recommend anyone does one of the worst experiences flying ever!

Reviewed 17 May 2024

The flight was delayed two hours. OK, that can happen to any airline. But the ground crew and the air crew never even acknowledged the delay, never mind apologise for it.
In addition, they were surly and unhelpful.
Also, the information about the actual departure time and the gate came through in dribs and drabs, and different sources (their app, their emails, the airport signage) was contradictory.
Rubbish performance.

2  Thank calumc2021
Reviewed 16 May 2024

Do not believe any positive reviews posted by TAP herein in an effort to counter the massive 99% of individuals giving TAP the garbage, crooked, terrible rating they so rightly deserve. Ground staff and flight crew rude beyond belief, changed my emergency row seat which au paid extra for and separated my wife and I arbitrarily…restricted access to loos once they start any service and have a massive chip on their shoulders. Pay the extra to fly BA or other carriers as TAP are the worst!!!! And that’s the truth read what everyone is saying before you regret travelling with this pathetic excuse for an airline. TAP are crap!!!!!

Reviewed 16 May 2024

Terrible customer service. Confusing baggage rules. You see so many people arguing at the gate desk. Different rules at check in then at the gate. The staff seem enjoying to annoy passengers. The see like on the mission. Avoid

1  Thank Marcin M
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.