“The worst, most terrible, horrendous air line is TAP”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The most terrible airline I ever experienced.
The airline is a bank robbery level scammer.
They never care about the customers, they just care their own.

I paid 115 pounds for the baggage check-in from London to San Francisco. But the flight had the layover at Lisbon for a few days.

From Lisbon, the self check-in system insisted me to pay 105 euro more for the bag.
So I complained the situation at a staff near the kiosk, then he guided me to a long line, which was not the right line. After a long line wait, the staff at the counter rudely yelled at me to go to a different line.

Another long line, after another long wait, the other staff with the same rude manner sent me to their office.
Luckily, there was no line at the office, but it was too late, the counter was about to close, so there was no time to argue, the office staff hurried me to go back to the counter and just pay 105 euro and check the bag and argue later.

Realizing that I was about to miss the flight, I ran crazily to the counter, I managed to pay 105 euro and check the bag in.
I had to sprint to the gate because there left only 20 min to pass the security and passport control.

With sweat, I managed to broad as the last one in the line.
I was at the brink of missing the flight.
Horrible experience.

So after landing at SFO, I filed a complaint about the double charging of the baggage.
But they simply denied the refund request without any proper explanation about the discrepancy between their price and my payment.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

TAP used to be a very good company to travel but unfortunately quality is getting worse and worse every time! Seats are tight and staff is not understanding or flexible… we were only travelling with a hand luggage very small and me and my husband were one of the first people to enter the plane but we were told our luggage needed to be sent to the hold. Despite explaining that we really needed to get out of the airport asap for commitment and because we already had luggage lost by TAP before we didn’t want to sent it to the hold the lady was very rude and didn’t help us at all, although we were zone A. I find this very poor customer service. TAP standards are really low… what a shame… not recommended and I only used it because I didn’t have any other option.

1  Thank Marta_Ramos16
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Do NOT fly Tap Air. My family of 4 was forced to check our carry on bags even though it was the appropriate size and weight. We explained we have an important commitment and do not have time to go back baggage claim which is why we intentionally packed light. The attendant was rude, grabbed our bags and said we could not board without turning over our bags. We were in group B, so they could have easily selected someone else in group C if required. The worst travel experience ever!!!

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the worst airline I’ve ever flown on the day before our flight we went to check in, and they had moved our seats to the very back of the plane from the bulkhead which we Paid extra for. I called the customer service line multiple times and they told me they was nothing they could do about it because they needed our seats for medical reasons. I asked to be put on a different flight and they told me that was not available option. They told me that there was no seats open. As I looked on the app, I saw there is multiple seats open. I was on hold for over an hour and have been disconnected by the representatives about six times this morning very dissatisfied and I will never fly this airline again or recommend anyone does one of the worst experiences flying ever!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was delayed two hours. OK, that can happen to any airline. But the ground crew and the air crew never even acknowledged the delay, never mind apologise for it.
In addition, they were surly and unhelpful.
Also, the information about the actual departure time and the gate came through in dribs and drabs, and different sources (their app, their emails, the airport signage) was contradictory.
Rubbish performance.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
2  Thank calumc2021
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.