“Worst experience!”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 26 May 2024

This was the worst experience ever. Our flight was at 7 am and flight canceled at 5 am when we were already in airport. They rebooked another tickets that we actually don't prefer. And we normally had direct flight and they changed to indirect flight. When we call customer service they were also not helpful at all and actually they were rude saying “we have been on the call for 10 minutes they may end the call” instead they should have be much more helpful since it was totally their problem that they cancelled flight.

1  Thank 704edad

Reviewed 24 May 2024

I have never experienced such a lousy overseas flight. The flight departed late at around 11:30 in the morning and we landed in Toronto mid afternoon. The staff served the first meal and promptly turned out the cabin lights even though it was a day flight. They then sat and did nothing for the passengers for the next 4-5 hours. No water was offered between snacks and it was very warm in the cabin. I noticed half way through the flight that there was no toilet paper in the washroom and informed the flight attendant. No toilet paper was ever replaced and people had to use paper towels.
The second snack was barely edible.
I understand it is called that because it means" take another plane." Next time I will!

1  Thank gypsy558
Reviewed 24 May 2024

Booked three roundtrip Classic Tickets in January (04) with Tap in February (04) prior to the flight in March checked with tap representative asking in the event we needed to make any changes to out itinerary would their be any fees. We were advised that if you needed to make and changes or refunds we needed to upgrade our tickets to the Plus tickets which we did and were charged an additional $300. WE left for Portugal in March during our stay their my mother in-law was admitted into a long term care facility and was unable to make the return trip back to Miami with us. Contact Tap (800 number) and was advised that a full refund process would be started and we would be entitled to and receive a full refund of my mother in law returned ticket to Miami. Approximately three weeks after our return to Miami we checked our account and received from Tap $77.79. Contacted Tap 800 number and 3 times each representative stating we are entitled to a full refund and to RE-SUBMIT each time giving us different claim number. This was Tap last response t this and I quote from the email ( We understand the reason for not being able to travel and truly hope (you or travel partner) are recovering well.
However, TAP is not obliged to make exceptions to the fare rules and conditions of the original tickets you chose to purchase.
No further refund is due.).
SO in closing I would be every careful in booking a fare with TAP (flight was fine ) but if you need to make any changes to you flights BEWARE.....
Would never use TAP AIRLINES AGAIN...... and in the process of Canceling our TAP accounts....

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Manuel R
Reviewed 23 May 2024

400€ ticket price for a "budget" flight, lasting 3h+ with not even a complimentary water.

Additionally, the staff on the boarding was bizarrely unfriendly and their complaint department calmly replied that they would do nothing to correct the mistake.

I fly 10 times per year at least and this is so far my worst experience

2  Thank frsterker
Reviewed 22 May 2024

Booked a trip to Lisbon for my wife and I almost a year ago and upgraded to PLUS with bulkhead seats in Row 10. When I went to complete the check-in, I learned they had arbitrarily moved us to middle seats in different rows. So much for reservations! I emailed and filed a complaint but was unable to get though to the counter at the airport. Corporate was useless as well and they would only transfer me to the "Booking Dept." who never picked-up. Learned a valuable lesson to stick with major airlines.

Thank L. G
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.