“Worst Airline ever”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 28 May 2024

Third world airline only worse. Pathetic service, purchased abd charged for business class but ticketed for economy
Rude service every step of the way

1  Thank Patric M

Reviewed 27 May 2024

I had searched for a flight on Kayak and it redirected to the TAP website to complete the booking. The final page on TAP does not have a summary, but I took the risk and “booked”. Immediately when the confirmation email came I noticed that it was not the layover duration that I had selected and went on a call with TAP where they suggested I cancel online for free, because on the phone they’d charge $40. And so I did within just a few minutes after booking. But all I got was an email saying that I requested a refund, but no reference to any booking or ticket. And even online when I check the refund request status now, 7 days later, I still see nothing else than my email address and phone number, but no reference to a booking or ticket number. Not even a time stamp when the refund was requested. I had within the first 24h called two more times because of that lack of written confirmation and both times I was told not to worry, that I had canceled (and still was) within the grace period and that I will get the full refund. It is now 7 days and I still have absolutely nothing on hand. When I call now they will say stupid things like they cannot see when my ticket was canceled because the ticket is no longer in the system. They also say things like they cannot tell me whether I’ll get the refund, because the request is still in review and how could they know whether it will be authorized. They also say that it can take up to one month for the refund. They also say that they cannot send me a confirmation that I have canceled within 24h and therefore will get the full refund, because that’s not how the process works. I can only say that they are a bunch of dishonest scumbags, and are wasting people's time with their lack of written confirmation, which I am sure is on purpose, and not just simple incompetence. I wanted to rebook my flight with a 1 day layover in Lisbon, but now I associate this all with Portuguese culture and mentality, and am not sure anymore.
The booking was for end of July 2024, two months in advance. But TripAdvisor does not let me select a date in the future.

1  Thank NEWGECKOO76
Reviewed 26 May 2024

This was the worst experience ever. Our flight was at 7 am and flight canceled at 5 am when we were already in airport. They rebooked another tickets that we actually don't prefer. And we normally had direct flight and they changed to indirect flight. When we call customer service they were also not helpful at all and actually they were rude saying “we have been on the call for 10 minutes they may end the call” instead they should have be much more helpful since it was totally their problem that they cancelled flight.

1  Thank 704edad
Reviewed 24 May 2024

I have never experienced such a lousy overseas flight. The flight departed late at around 11:30 in the morning and we landed in Toronto mid afternoon. The staff served the first meal and promptly turned out the cabin lights even though it was a day flight. They then sat and did nothing for the passengers for the next 4-5 hours. No water was offered between snacks and it was very warm in the cabin. I noticed half way through the flight that there was no toilet paper in the washroom and informed the flight attendant. No toilet paper was ever replaced and people had to use paper towels.
The second snack was barely edible.
I understand it is called that because it means" take another plane." Next time I will!

1  Thank gypsy558
Reviewed 24 May 2024

Booked three roundtrip Classic Tickets in January (04) with Tap in February (04) prior to the flight in March checked with tap representative asking in the event we needed to make any changes to out itinerary would their be any fees. We were advised that if you needed to make and changes or refunds we needed to upgrade our tickets to the Plus tickets which we did and were charged an additional $300. WE left for Portugal in March during our stay their my mother in-law was admitted into a long term care facility and was unable to make the return trip back to Miami with us. Contact Tap (800 number) and was advised that a full refund process would be started and we would be entitled to and receive a full refund of my mother in law returned ticket to Miami. Approximately three weeks after our return to Miami we checked our account and received from Tap $77.79. Contacted Tap 800 number and 3 times each representative stating we are entitled to a full refund and to RE-SUBMIT each time giving us different claim number. This was Tap last response t this and I quote from the email ( We understand the reason for not being able to travel and truly hope (you or travel partner) are recovering well.
However, TAP is not obliged to make exceptions to the fare rules and conditions of the original tickets you chose to purchase.
No further refund is due.).
SO in closing I would be every careful in booking a fare with TAP (flight was fine ) but if you need to make any changes to you flights BEWARE.....
Would never use TAP AIRLINES AGAIN...... and in the process of Canceling our TAP accounts....

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Manuel R
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.