“5* service”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 28 May 2024

15min left to catch my flight due to a delay in the Porto airport… a TAP employee waited for my while leaving the plane and dropped me of at my connecting flight! 5* service. Very appreciative for this!

1  Thank Climber16120261169

Reviewed 28 May 2024

Worst flying experience ever. So bad I requested and paid for a seat upgrade for return flight. They took my upgrade fee but did not upgrade my class of seat. Refund denied twice. I will never again subject myself to the abuse this air corporation dishes out. Find a reliable airline with reliable customer service. You have been warned!

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 28 May 2024

Third world airline only worse. Pathetic service, purchased abd charged for business class but ticketed for economy
Rude service every step of the way

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Patric M
Reviewed 27 May 2024

I had searched for a flight on Kayak and it redirected to the TAP website to complete the booking. The final page on TAP does not have a summary, but I took the risk and “booked”. Immediately when the confirmation email came I noticed that it was not the layover duration that I had selected and went on a call with TAP where they suggested I cancel online for free, because on the phone they’d charge $40. And so I did within just a few minutes after booking. But all I got was an email saying that I requested a refund, but no reference to any booking or ticket. And even online when I check the refund request status now, 7 days later, I still see nothing else than my email address and phone number, but no reference to a booking or ticket number. Not even a time stamp when the refund was requested. I had within the first 24h called two more times because of that lack of written confirmation and both times I was told not to worry, that I had canceled (and still was) within the grace period and that I will get the full refund. It is now 7 days and I still have absolutely nothing on hand. When I call now they will say stupid things like they cannot see when my ticket was canceled because the ticket is no longer in the system. They also say things like they cannot tell me whether I’ll get the refund, because the request is still in review and how could they know whether it will be authorized. They also say that it can take up to one month for the refund. They also say that they cannot send me a confirmation that I have canceled within 24h and therefore will get the full refund, because that’s not how the process works. I can only say that they are a bunch of dishonest scumbags, and are wasting people's time with their lack of written confirmation, which I am sure is on purpose, and not just simple incompetence. I wanted to rebook my flight with a 1 day layover in Lisbon, but now I associate this all with Portuguese culture and mentality, and am not sure anymore.
The booking was for end of July 2024, two months in advance. But TripAdvisor does not let me select a date in the future.

1  Thank NEWGECKOO76
Reviewed 26 May 2024

This was the worst experience ever. Our flight was at 7 am and flight canceled at 5 am when we were already in airport. They rebooked another tickets that we actually don't prefer. And we normally had direct flight and they changed to indirect flight. When we call customer service they were also not helpful at all and actually they were rude saying “we have been on the call for 10 minutes they may end the call” instead they should have be much more helpful since it was totally their problem that they cancelled flight.

1  Thank 704edad
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.