“Do not fly!”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 14 June 2024

Worst airline! Granted we booked thru delta and then they cancelled and threw us to the wolves with TAP.

Both delta and TAP - were like “too bad, so sorry”…. “Do u want to get home or not”. Had to pay so many extra fees and now have to try and get refunds

Shame on Delta and this wanna be airline TAP

3  Thank Kellie B

Reviewed 14 June 2024

Horribly disorganized, untrustworthy airline and employees. Two out of two flights were an hour behind schedule. Both flights told us that the flight was full and forced us to check our bags, which held life saving medication. I was told the alternative was to not get on the plane. Both flights were only filled to 70% capacity. The crews on both planes were rude. Never again!

• Food and Beverage
3  Thank Heather W
Reviewed 11 June 2024

We had spent several days in Cascais (well worth a visit) and booked a 7.30am taxi to Lisbon airport for a 10.05am flight (usually 45 mins journey). We encountered horrendous traffic issues (no fault of the taxi driver) & arrived at 0900am.
Bags processed speedily at Bag Drop & hurried through - Security was pathetically slow (insufficient staff), hence everyone was panicing.
I'm early 70's, my wife is late 60's with a dodgy knee, so sprinting wasn't feasible for us. We eventually got to Gate 45B - 9 MINUTES LATE - and the TAP official refused us to board.
We're not argumentative or hysterical, but I calmly pointed out to him that these delays were beyond our control & could he let us through - no joy, not at all interested in looking out for senior citizens, all he would do was point to their official policy of 'gates close 30 mins before departure'
We went to TAP Customer Services to be told they could book us on the next flight, as long as we paid full price plus a penalty of €300 !!
I went online & booked for regular fare for a later flight.
Imagine our disgust when, sitting in the later 1505pm flight, passengers were still boarding 15 MINUTES before departure !
I've complained directly to TAP using their portal, but all we got back was a standard 'couldn't give a toss' reply, again quoting their '30mins' condition.
I understand the requirement for on-time boarding etc, but I fail to understand the lack of empathy by TAP for elderly folk in these situations.
Portuguese have a reputation for being polite, kind, & friendly - what a pity that TAP does such a disservice to this reputation !

Date of travel: May 2024
2  Thank John L
Reviewed 10 June 2024

We had a flight scheduled from Barcelona to Brasilia with a single connection at 6 am, but it was canceled at 1 am. The airline reassigned us to a flight with two stops, but the specific seats we had paid for were not retained, and we had to pay an additional €150.

The first two replacement flights also experienced significant delays with deplorable organization. We lost our luggage, and no assistance was provided.

We stayed awake for over 48 hours without sleep and without luggage. When describing our suitcase, they recorded the information incorrectly because they didn't take the time to listen to us. We made two trips to the airport to retrieve our luggage. At 6 pm, they told us it would arrive at 11 pm, but when we returned at 11 pm, it was still not there. They then claimed it was still in transit and promised to deliver it to our hotel, which was never done.

A nice weekend in Brazil? No, it was a BAD experience. It was a real nightmare, an extremely disappointing experience. If we don't get a refund, I plan to harass them. The staff was bad, uncomprehending, and impatient. We were tired, stressed, with work and meetings planned, but they did nothing to help us. They don't even take responsibility for their mistakes.

Traveling frequently for work and vacations, this is the first time I've experienced such a serious situation. It was so bad that I feel compelled to write this review to prevent others from going through the same ordeal. It may seem like a small problem, but the lack of sleep and the indifferent treatment towards customers for 48 hours were unbearable.

My short trip of two days of vacation and two days of work was completely ruined: two days spent at the airport in discomfort and bad news, and the remaining two days of work were ineffective due to fatigue, the stress of staying in contact with the airline, the lack of clothes to attend meetings, and more.

I don't recommend this airline to anyone.

1  Thank Marie-Lou K
Reviewed 10 June 2024

Everything was bad in both ways :
1- one hour delay in each airport because the plane was not ready
2 - seats very uncomfortable and the leg space is even smaller than casual one. I hurt my knees and now I have to check on a physiotherapist.

3 - back to Zurich, the guy at the gate printed a ticket to get my carry on luggage in the plane luggage space without even asking my consent. He took my passport, printed and took my luggage. I contested but he said : plane is full....which was absolutely not!!!!
Anyway, if you are flying from Zurich, pay an extra 100chf and avoid this low cost Ryanair copy flight.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.