“Do not fly with them”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 16 June 2024

Worst airline ever. We paid for our seats way in advance and to be able to sit with our young kids. Both flights they completely changed seats at check in and had all six of us sitting all over the plane. Then they tell you there’s nothing they can do. Flights were late. No drink even water offered and customer service was annoyed and unhelpful. They also didn’t know I was fluent in Portuguese and used to live in Madeira. They should be cared what they say to their colleagues when they think we can’t understand. Don’t fly with them…unless you must.

2  Thank Mark D

Reviewed 15 June 2024

Tap Air totally sucks! We’ve just been told 3 weeks before our holiday that our flight has been changed which will make us miss our connecting flight back home. Some of us have work and a baby we cannot wait for 12hrs in an airport with a baby for a different flight.

No one has been helpful and we’ve had to cancel our holiday and we lost money as our hotel won’t refund. We are totally f’d! A much needed holiday and Tap Air and GoToGate/Booking.com are absolutely unapologetic. No reimbursing of the money we lost, no the holiday. It’s truly awful and I would caution you all to think twice of you want to use this service.

You expect us to sleep in Lisbon airport with a baby Tap Air/GoToGate?

Disgraceful!

4  Thank Ellie C
Reviewed 15 June 2024

Horrible airline. Cancelled my flight just hours before departure, no reason given. No weather or other outside issues, just said it was cancelled and they didn’t know why at customer service. They rescheduled me for a flight about 10 hours later. Wouldn’t put me on an earlier flight because “they only had business class left and I booked economy”. Made me miss my two other connecting flights. Missed my event that night. Plane made funny noises in the air. Horrible customer service overall. This was just one flight of three booked through Aeroplan (Now Air Canada) so they tell me to talk to TAP about reimbursement for everything and TAP tells me to talk to Air Canada. Whatever you do, do not book a flight with TAP. You couldn’t pay me to step on a TAP Air Portugal flight ever again.

Date of travel: May 2024
2  Thank Courtenay B
Reviewed 14 June 2024

Worst airline! Granted we booked thru delta and then they cancelled and threw us to the wolves with TAP.

Both delta and TAP - were like “too bad, so sorry”…. “Do u want to get home or not”. Had to pay so many extra fees and now have to try and get refunds

Shame on Delta and this wanna be airline TAP

3  Thank Kellie B
Reviewed 14 June 2024

Horribly disorganized, untrustworthy airline and employees. Two out of two flights were an hour behind schedule. Both flights told us that the flight was full and forced us to check our bags, which held life saving medication. I was told the alternative was to not get on the plane. Both flights were only filled to 70% capacity. The crews on both planes were rude. Never again!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank Heather W
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.