“Busy full flight”
Review of TUI Airways (United Kingdom)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thursday 10th May 6.50pm flight out of Edi to Dalaman.
Easy checkin in of luggage with friendly efficient hospitable staff. We had already booked our seats and had checked in online so once the luggage was away we enjoyed a brief walk thru Duty Free.
This flight was completely full with lots of children which was surprising as it wasn’t school holiday time. The flight and service was food so no issues.

The return flight however was horrendous. 2.25am 18th May from Dalaman to Edinburgh. It wasn’t the flight time however, it was the time it took to check in our
luggage. Horrendous.
We arrived at the airport at 12.15am in the early hours of 18th May and stood in a huge queue until 1.25am when we eventually got to the front desk to check in our luggage.
Due to the volume of families with additional luggage and prams and again a full to capacity plane, the two desks that were open were just not efficient.

Once thru to the gate, we had to go thru security check again and were unable to purchase water from the shop within the gate as it was ribboned off as we shared the gate with A and B and we were in B so we drew the short straw.

Please ensure you take water and something to eat with you when you eventually get to the gate especially at this time of the morning.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,082)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If your going on a long flight 7 hours plus then I would recommend premium economy. We’re a young couple and we love travelling this way. We love the lounge access at Gatwick to have a few drinks and get you in the holiday spirit. The food on the plane is really nice and you normally get a choice. The drinks are included too.

I’ve travelled this way twice now and once without but I have always really enjoyed it. The Tui staff are always really friendly and ready to make your holiday special.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had to call customer services several times, and eventually spoke with a manager in order to be allocated the seats that I wanted. Apart from this, the flight was very good. Very comfortable, the stewardesses were lovely, plenty to eat and drink, however, the breakfast could have been better. I would recommend this airline.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice staff,great pilot, seat pitch fine for economy.
Food over to Thailand was terrible worse food ever tasted on a plane and this was both directions, bland chicken gravy and potatoes with veg .
Even on the way back I had hope for a nice Thai curry or something with a slight flavour but no joy #tuimovewithtgetimesplanefoodhasimprovedsincethe90s
I found for hours you were left with no food/beverages it wasn’t spaced out , only one main meal for a 12 hour flight I was shocked , then a little sandwich before we landed.
Only airline that flies direct and you would think they would want to be the best all round .
Limited choice of films both directions.
Great rep recommended the best trips and she was right , elephant sanctuary and overnight to pipi /Krabi

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Travelled as a family and had no problems whatsoever. The staff are very helpful and flight was really good. Everything was clean and leg room is reasonable