“No help for disabled”
Review of TUI Airways (United Kingdom)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Contacted the TUI rep at the hotel to book wheelchair assistance for my wife who has walking difficulties. Assured by the TUI rep that a wheelchair would be waiting when we arrived at the airport. We had booked a private taxi transfer so there should have been no problem identifying us.
To my amazement no wheelchair was avalableavailable and no TUI rep on duty at the airport. We had to walk (quite a long way) to the airport information desk, they told me to contact the airport customer assistant standing by the TUI checkin desk. Another very long walk for my wife. Finally managed to obtain a wheelchair and assistance. By this time the TUI rep had arrived and to be honest he cound not have carred less as long as we got on the plain and out of his way.
Al in all a very poor service from TUI

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,704)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight on time only one complaint was the lag of space ,We are both 71 years young and our legs do not bend so easy

This flight was awful.

The plane is incredibly old. No entertainment on a 6 hour flight, flight food stinks and children crying. (if only there were adult only flights)

The service was poor. The staff dress code was good at best with hair note properly tied and the attitude was awful.

What confuses me is why have TUI stopped using the Dreamliner to go to Egypt???

It doesn't matter weather you upgrade to extra leg room seats they are the same on this old plane. Do not pay the upgrade!

The flight home was worse. Of course the time isn't great but you accept that. Again the professional dress code looked like they've just got dressed after waking up and not properly done, the look on one member of staff; my goodness she had a Resting 'B' Face all the way home and was rude.

At that time of night, no one is bothered about Duty Free or Food! leave the lights off and let us sleep! If you want food or duty free, get it in the airport! same price if not cheaper!

The cleanliness of the plane was awful! the seats has splashes of all sorts on them. The germs on these planes are horrific.

I never usually moan on reviews but this was the worse flight I've had in my life.

And to top it off, we were late because of some silly woman moaning!

This wont stop me using TUI again but they need to get serious and change the planes! There is no point being environmentally friendly using Dreamliners when your using 20+ year old planes too! Get shut and invest your money elsewhere.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So I’ll start with the Call Centre.
I booked extra leg room so my pregnant daughter had more room. I read all of the reasons you can’t book one of these seats & no where does pregnancy come into it. She didn’t need an extender belt, she is fit & able bodied & it wasn’t a row where the emergency exit was it was actually the row behind. My sister convinced me to ring the call centre to double check that we could have these seats. Firstly it took numerous attempts to make the advisor understand what I was calling for. Once he did understand he immediately cancelled the extra leg room telling me that it does state expectant women cannot book these seats. I read out to him what it actually says but he was still adamant. We obviously didn’t want to get split up on the flight so I backed down. He then wanted to charge me for cancelling the seats. I was not impressed to say the least. He didn’t understand why I was refusing to pay the charge. I asked to speak to his superior numerous times & after being put on hold many times & refused he finally found one for me to speak to. Again it took a while for me to make him understand the situation. After many disagreements he eventually agreed to change the booking back to reserved seating, didn’t charge me & refunded the difference. We then chose the row in front so that my daughter could recline her seat & with the row behind having extra leg room this wouldn’t effect them so much. All well & good apart from when my phone bill came in they had me on for over an hour & I was charged £35 ish for the ‘pleasure’. I found an London number that was the normal tariff & gave them a call. She checked where we were now seated & as she couldn’t do anything regarding the time they had me on the phone for such a simple request (I had the ring the call centre on the number that charges me a fortune & hope I got the people I was originally dealing with) she would get her supervisor to call me. After numerous emails I’m still waiting for that call!
The Outbound Flight.
All was going well until we realised that this row of seats are fixed so my daughter couldn’t recline as previously advised. Again another mistake from the call centre that was in a different country. We did have an accident with coffee though which burned my daughters legs. The hostesses whipped her straight to the back of the plane & applied 2 large patches which were fantastic, they instantly cooled her legs taking the burn straight out & leaving no scarring. Fantastic.
Return Flight.
So again in the same seats & not being able to recline but we knew this was something we had to accept. We were told at the beginning of the flight that no hot food was able to be served on that flight. Assuming that there was something wrong with the heating appliance we just accepted this. Later in the flight my daughter & I both went to the toilet. As we waited for it to become we commented to each other as hot food was being made available but only to staff! At this point we were told that we would have to wait behind the curtain so we we’re hurried out & back into the isle, curtain then closed on us. The same flight attendant then, without letting my daughter go back behind the curtain decided that she was going to squeeze past her. She was pushing my daughters bump into the side of the seat with no concern what so ever about her bump. My daughter ended up moving slightly to stop her bump getting squashed resulting in a man that we hadn’t even seen before getting a face full of the bump. My daughter was mortified with embarrassment. The flight attended could have prevented all of that by letting my daughter just step behind the curtain allowing the flight attended past. While all of this was happening the flight attendants from the back of the plane was selling drinks so having missed this on her return to her seat she asked if she could purchase a cold drink. She was refused to why my daughter explained that she needed a drink & why she hadn’t purchased one. She was given a tiny glass of water which was the most smelly & disgusting water that either either of us had ever tasted.
Overall the Call Centre is a rip off & complete waste of time & if you get the nice attendants on your flight then your lucky but get the wrong ones & they were just snooty & unhelpful.

2  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight both ways on time. Staff very attentive couldn't fault them.
Only annoying thing was when captain or first officer gave out information they couldn't be heard. Needs improving if it was an important situation.