“World Class Airline”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Wow!!! I was completely skeptical when my husband told me we were flying Turkish Airlines en route to Capetown, SA but again, WOW!!!! World class service including delicious food, warm and friendly flight attendants, and on time departure/arrivals. And if you get a chance to hang out in the Business Class lounge at the Istanbul airport, DO IT!!!! Seriously. I could live there. Huge, complete with grand piano and several bars/food stations, SHOWERS, and comfy chairs. Didn't want to leave. Look forward to flying with them again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (19,298)

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Service at coach is just like first class. The meals are served in China and super delicious .
Very comfortable seats and enough leg room.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

80% of domestic flights are delayed. I fly every week at least once with THY and it’s a miracle how a carrier like THY can have such a well status. It’s really sucking if you have to take earlier flights to be on time. I could choose another airline but almost of them fly to Sabiha G. or the shedule doesn’t fit. There is no excuse no information and if, they are wrong. Turkish mentality, they always have an strange excuse.....Of course there is strong air traffic, the new airport should solve it but with this poor organization maybe only 50% of the flights will be on time. What an effort

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Turkish has not been an Airline I’d usually choose to fly. However, as I was traveling with my family I was choosing it because it was the cheapest option. While we flew on Eco outbound (a very good experience), I opted for Business for the inbound leg.
And I was truly surprised by the quality of Service as well as the overall experience. To start with, staff was very friendly (not as much as on Asian airlines but really nice) and professional.
The business class seats were wide and offered excellent leg-room (flat bed). What I appreciated also were the many details, from getting a bedcover and not just a blanket, good quality slippers and other amenities I’d rate above average.
The inflight entertainment system was modern with a rather wide choice of programs (not first in class but up there with the best).
Another highlight was the food, with a distinct Turkish taste, nicely presented and quite delicious.
On the downside I always suffer transmitting in Istanbul, an Airport that is simply too small for the amount of passengers it operates. This time I was lucky in the transit security check, but one can easily be stuck in a queue for 45 minutes and more. Then there is the famous TK lounge, which suffers from the same fate: overcrowded. It is very large but feels more like a shopping center of the late 80s. If you mange to get a place in one of the restaurants between the gates, that is maybe more comfortable.
Following this experience, I am tempted to fly more often with Turkish, in particular once they opened the new airport in Istanbul.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We flew home from Singapore to JFK with a two day layover in Istanbul. We are American, I was so impressed at this airline. We sat in Economy and were give a warm wash cloth prior to take off for our hands. They treat Economy like first class. Seats were not tight like most airlines from America. They had fresh flowers in the bathroom along with Cologne and lotion. They handed out little goodie bags with tooth brush and mini tooth paste, eye plugs, eye covers, socks and slippers. Entertainment system had a large i-pad size screen with over 100 movie options, plus live TV, video and music. They handed out real full size cloth blankets. They have a chef on the plane. You get a fresh roll with your meal (which if you give 72 hour notice, you can pick a specific dietary meal) and real silver ware, no plastic! I felt like I was flying first class! Stewards and stewardess were very pleasant on both long hauls. Great Airline, I will fly again when going international!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank bette13