“Depends on your flight / sector”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This sector was fine and couldn't fault. Have had other trips with smaller aircraft and found them less satisfactory but I guess that is the norm with travel.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,784)

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I have booked my flight to Chicago from Munich thru Online agency. When I realise that my aireline is united i was very sceptic. But great suprise. In Munich land staff was very pleasant and helpfull. Planes are clean. Service was very good and the best part is entertainment. Bunch of movies and TV shows to choose from. Food was ok. On the way back I got United as well. Only negativ point is land staff in Chicago o Hare. I will definetly fly with them again.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I was lucky enough to grow up travelling the world and have been flying United for 14 years or so.
Back then the food was horrible, old aircraft, and unpleasant staff but boy have the times changed.
When United merged with Continental it was certainly the dawn of a new era.
I hadn't flown with them since they merged so I was dying to try out the new United!
I booked United from MEL to LAX and being a star alliance member they tagged my bags all the way from MEL to YUL.
Booked on-board one of their brand new 787-9's it was my first time on-board one and what a change it was from the old 747!
What a difference the new Panasonic entertainment system, refreshed seats, and new service is fantastic.
I have never had such an enjoyable flight I'd say a touch above Qantas although they are launching a 787-9 service so I'm really looking forward to comparing the two.
Back to the review the aircraft was clean, food service was prompt for a full flight and the lavatories were cleaned every 20 minutes or so.
I am yet to try United's short to mid haul but the new United long haul is fantastic and yes I would fly them over Qantas.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Tyler D
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I had a flight from Vegas to Vancouver with a stop in San Francisco. The first flight had 2:30 hours delay which cause missing my second flight from San Francisco to Vancouver. I talked with a very rude male agent at Gate D53 on 10/20/17 at 4:30 pm. Instead of helping me finding a best option, he with disrespect offered me to book the next morning flight and for the accommodation he gave a number and said : "Call them; they might have available room to give you for cheaper price". How rude could be a person working for an airline. Who is managing this company. These kind of agents must be fired or shouldn't work as a customer service person.

1  Thank bbehzadnia
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Flight was ok, but the United Club lounge (Gate C74) was an absolute disgrace.
Rude and aggressive reception staff, dirty toilets and cafeteria style seating.