“No frills on a 9 hour flight. Really?”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was very disappointed with the fact that on a 9 hour flight, we only got food that we purchased from the stewardesses.. Also, the plane did not offer a viewing screen for movies/entertainment whatsoever. So, if you did not bring a tablet, you were bound to "watch" movies on your cell phone. But you were out of luck all together if you did not download the United Airlines app before takeoff.

I travel a great deal, both domestically and internationally. I have never been on a long flight where you had to buy your own food and provide your own viewing screen. Is this what airlines are coming to?

1  Thank revdodd
Write a ReviewReviews (27,415)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Business Class flight for work and I arranged Gluten Free food - united managed to hit rock bottom - the food was so bad the crew offered to try and find something else on the business class list I could eat. Gluten Free just needs some thought, they could simply slightly modify what was on the standard menu - but nope they decide to serve diabolically bad food instead, an awful breakfast of powered scrambled egg, bake beens, mushrooms and a tomatoe - the fruit was okay they they couldn’t heat to a crisp! Lunch dry salad (lettuce, two small tomatoes and two pieces of carrot) and a cold chicken breast!

Really bad.

1  Thank Kengmack
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The United flight attendant made "life" or the flight from Houston a real unpleasant experience. I get the law and order, "for your own security" rational, but this is after all a service industry - not cell block D. She, and I can't remember her name and will not go look it up in my emails to corporate, treated an elderly rather tall gentleman callously. I saw and heard the whole thing. Crude and callous; indifferent to anyone's experience. It keeps United from my top choices. To be used only in case of emergency.

1  Thank johnfeegel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Last week we traveled to Las Vegas from Providence RI, through Chicago (both ways). Every single leg of our flights were seriously delayed. PVD to Chicago delayed 45 mins because flight attendant forgot to check on the amount of water needed to flush the toilets. Chicago to LAS delayed 30 minutes because there was a weight imbalance. LAS to Chicago was delayed 35 minutes due to waiting for paperwork. Chicago to PVD was delayed over 2 hours because they decided to load a previously cancelled flights luggage onto our flight. This made the aircraft too heavy (what a shocker!) I am no engineer but even I know that we couldn't travel with 2 planes worth of luggage!! All these delays and nothing for us for our inconvenience. Very scary knowing that the people making these horrible decisions are the same that we are trusting to get us to our destinations safely. All these delays were avoidable and made us stressed out and having to run to make our connecting flights. No accountability with the staff at United. Sad airline and one we will definitely reconsider flying with in the future.

1  Thank Jonathan T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

They separate you from who you are travelling with. We were travelling with 2 adults, a 13 year old, and a 15 year old. When we reached the gate, we asked the United staff to change our seats so that we could sit together, but they were very rude, so

1  Thank kalamckay