“Rude airport staff, unexpected charges for baggage”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 27 June 2018

When we checked in at the airport, we were forced to pay to check our CARRY ON bags. We could not continue to check in until we checked our bags. There was no mention of having to check our carry on bags when we purchased the tickets. We purposely packed carry on bags so we would not have to pay the checked bag fee. There were not enough attendants at the front desk to correspond with the open check in machines, and we were rudely spoken to about us being in the wrong line multiple times (because we moved over to another line where there was an actual person behind the desk to finish out check in process) The people at the gate were very rude, and raised their voices at some of the people I was traveling with. We were all not happy with the service we experienced.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,781)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The price I got for our tickets was great. All the United employees were very nice. The normal economy seats are small and hardly recline at all. The seat in front of you is very close. I am 5'1" and I even found these seats to be very uncomfortable for a long flight. So much so that we paid extra for the flight home to upgrade to Economy plus. These seats had more room in front of you and reclined more. It made a pretty big difference in our comfort level.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The center section had poor dividers between the seats....made fully reclining really invasive. Food was ok

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Took a flight from Houston, TX to San Jose Costa Rica as a chaperone for a HS Spanish trip. Overall the flight was average. The flight attendants were amazing with a great personality and made the flight tolerable. Now granted it was an economy ticket but seriously, when my knees and buried into the seat ahead of me for 3 1/2 hours I think you as a company can remove one row of seats for a couple extra inches! That was ridiculous! The in flight TV was crappy as you could only watch movies. Unfortunately they do not tell you that until you purchase it and the price is a little higher than others. So I give this flight an average rating. Next time I guess I’ll have to give in and upgrade a bit so my knees won’t me upset with me!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

It was a morning flight around 8a.m. The weather was a little bit windy as is the usual in Switzerland during that time of the year. But when the flight took off there was a lot of turbulence and at certain times it just felt like there were sudden drops and overall very scary experience at a personal level. So a bad start. However, once the flight was in its cruising altitude it was nice and smooth until we landed in Newark airport.
The return flight was also with United Airlines. It was an evening flight from Newark. The takeoff was okay this time and so was the first couple of hours. But we did experience similar turbulences a few times throughout the journey like we did in the first time but less intensity.
The overall inflight service was good. Food and beverages were normal like other airlines, nothing exceptional. They had a decent range of movies for inflight entertainment. The legroom wasn't so good especially when the front passenger reclined their seat. Overall I would say it was average.