“Flight entertainment needs renewal”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

excellent pilot, flight in time, so for the important items United is OK. Concerning entertainment it was a ten years back experience: small screen, not functioning volume, no USB for Phone recharging. Food was somewhat below standard.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (35,299)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I must say, for the number of passengers the airline intends to board, there certainly were a scant amount of seats at the gate for people to recline in as they waited for the flight. Second negative about my wait at the gate: why so many outlets that aren't powered up?! Please ignite the power for the charging stations, I saw too many faces light up with joy as they approached the secretly barren outlets, only to fall a few seconds later after their contraptions were all plugged up, but their attempts to power up proved futile.

Yet, what a pleasant surprise I encountered once I boarded the plane and found a working outlet between my seat and that of my neighbor's! Lovely to be able to charge my gadgets in flight (and nice save on United's part).

Lovely service crew and refreshment options. One thing I didn't appreciate onboard, was that though my personal item fit in the size-checker at the gate (and was within the proper dimension allowance), it did not fit under the seat in front of my aisle seat, which was a visibly smaller space than the area under the seat in front of my neighbors who had middle and window seats. So I had to stow my personal item elsewhere during the flight, which was only somewhat inconvenient.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My flight was mad delayed due to weather- which I totally get (I first took note of the delay on the flight info board, announcements were also made over the loudspeaker closer to the scheduled departure time). What I do not understand however, is why-- in spite of having given the airline my contact info (mobile number and email)-- I was not sent any updates about updates to my connecting flight.
To my knowledge, United automatically sets you up with a back-up connecting flight if your plane is off schedule at any leg, causing you to miss a scheduled connection--this I know in hindsight, and such was done in my case. Would've appreciated the heads up about my updated connections via email/ text (as I'm sure others who stood in line ahead of and behind me at the desk gate to receive information about updates for connecting flights).
Though I didn't get any notification, I was able to log into my United account online and see the update after the gate agent told me I'd already been accommodated for my missed connection.

Tips:
1. Small Plane= Personal Item advised (otherwise you'll have to check in your roller carry-on at the gate, and you'll be delayed once you get off the plane since you'll have to wait for staff to collect and return your stowed belongings to you)
2. Download United app for easy access to flight notifications/ updates

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our flight was from IAH (Houston) to Mexico City. The flight was on time and arrived on time. That was good since we only had 1 hour and 25 minutes in Mexico City to collect our luggage, go through customs, take the shuttle to another terminal, go through airport security again and catch our next flight to Oaxaca. Timing was tight but we made the connection. The connecting flight was about halfway through boarding. I normally fly United and will continue to do so. I would recommend this flight and airlines.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The trip over on United, was not so bad, but then again, I was so excited to be traveling again, I did not notice many things. The trip back though was not good, yet a smile from even one of the attendants would have helped. The plane was changed at the last minute and the seat that I paid extra for, was unavailable. The seat I sat in was very uncomfortable and so very narrow. My seat mates and I apologized to each other at the beginning of the 12 hour trip when we realized there was no way our elbows would not bump into each other. I never expect gourmet eating on a flight, but this flight back to the U.S. was especially horrid. An overhead luggage compartment kept leaking some type of fluid on individuals behind me which was upsetting. All in all, I will choose another airline to fly with on my next trip.

Date of travel: October 2018